Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 What bow for a 8 year old??? >

What bow for a 8 year old???

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What bow for a 8 year old???

Old 07-14-2008, 09:33 AM

Default RE: What bow for a 8 year old???

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

I purchased a bow for my daughter last year when she turned 8. We went to every store and looked at every kids bow we could find. After comparing everything we ended up with the Diamond Edge. I don't think that either of could be happier. This is a great bow for kids. It is very adjustable and will definetly grow with her for many many years to come. I honestly don't think you will find a better deal or combination for kids!
+1, my son has been shooting an Edge since Christmas this year, he was 6.5 when we got it, he's yankin it back at 36lbs already and will shoot a hundred arrows with it at that weight... we'll take it up to 40lbs this fall and ~may~ get him in the stand with it, we'll see how things go...
Old 07-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

SevenMag check your PM inbox!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I appreciate all your input and will take them into consideration. JFergus7, your post about sights got me to thinking about upgrading my daughter. When I get back to the states in August I will take her with me and put her on some, now I am on the look for local places that will have some of these bows....Again, thanks guys...
Old 07-14-2008, 05:01 PM

Diamond Edge
Old 07-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Diamond edge package for my 8 yr old son and to be honest it's a great package with plenty of room to grow. I believe it's at a 17" draw at 22 lbs....I think he started even lower....
Old 07-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Spike

I second the Parker Sidkick XP. My 13 yr old upgraded to one from a Genesis. He is shooting alot & will be ready for the early season in August. He loves this thing. The one thing he liked over the Diamond Edge was the fatter grip. We went w/ feel just like I would. He shot the Diamond & the Parker head to head & preferred the Parker. It too can get the upgraded limbs for $50. It comes w/ a Hostage rest, an OK for a kid's hunting bow fiber optic sight, peep, wrist sling, & Bohning quiver. Not bad for $315 @ BPS or Cabela's. Anyway, I have shot this thing & it is S-W-E-E-T!

Quakkllz
Old 07-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well regardless of what bow you purchase for your kid I think the most important thing to consider is that they are excited about he bow anddevelop a love of shooting. Getting kids involved is a wonderful thing and everyone one posting here should be proud.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

I cant lie, I really like the parker offerings more than the edge. they are smoother, and with less shock.almost no vibes outta my ex-s little bow. and she was tiny,. i think it went down to 18" of draw. thier new ones look EVEN SWEETER!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

What about the Fred Bear Odyssey II. 15 inches and 38lbs of adjustment without having to send it in for new limbs.
I have never held one, but I am looking at this one for my son.
Brian