HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Slick Tricks, Are they really that good???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/251509-slick-tricks-they-really-good.html)

odom82 07-04-2008 02:03 AM

Slick Tricks, Are they really that good????

I have read several threads about broadheads since I've been coming to this forum. I have read so much about the slick trick head. Is it really that good, everyone seems to just love it???? I havehunted withnumerous heads that said "they flew just like field points" but none really have. Ok first off, does any one not like them and if so why? Second, which type or model should Ibuy if I decide to order some (yall almost have me convinced). I will be replacing my broadheads this year..

im ocd 07-04-2008 05:21 AM

RE: Slick Tricks, Are they really that good????

I used the Slick Trick standard last year, lots of blood around the hit site. Head flies to same POI as field points from my paper tuned bow, arrow speed 311. The standard 4 blade head cuts more tissue than a 1 3/16'' 3 blade head. I'm planning on using the ST 1'' head again this fall.

absolut40 07-04-2008 10:04 AM

Im gonna give slick tricks a try this year too.Ive been using rocket ultimate steal 100 grains for the last few years.They fly good but the blood trails were marginal.Ive never heard of a bad blood trail with a slick trick so hopefully ill have some blood trail pics to post this fall.

PABowhunter4life 07-04-2008 11:59 AM

I absolutely love Slick Trick heads. I switched to G5 Strikers this year just to see what all the hype is about but I can assure you that if they do not impress me the Slick Trick 125 gr. Magnums will be going back on my arrows.

Slick Tricks WILL fly exactly like field points, are razor sharp, made of steel which is obviously stronger than any aluminum head out there and the holes they leave are just incredible. The Magnums put holes in deer larger than many mechanical heads and as OCD pointed out even the 1" standards cut more and leave bigger holes than the 1 3/16" cutting heads.

You will not be disappointed!

BGfisher 07-04-2008 12:34 PM

Slick Tricks are just another broadhead. No matter which head you use you still need to broadhead tune and this is how to get broadheads and field points to hit the same POI. It can be done with any head if you learn how and take the time to do so.

I haven't use them yet, but know what I'm looking for in a head. One thing that sets them apart, to my eye, is how the blades lock into place, making for a very solid head. The only other heads that I see with good blade retention properties is Muzzy and InnerLoc.

MeanV2 07-04-2008 01:30 PM

The Slick Trick is Razor Sharp, Flight is excellent, The 4 blade design cuts huge holes, and they are Super Tough (All Steel)

I really don't know what's not to like about them. I have used them since 03 and Gary has made several improvements, but I would still use the 03 heads over any other fixed blade available, and there are some good ones.

I've used the Standard as well as the Magnums, both with great results. I plan on trying the New Grizz Tricks this fall.

Dan

IL-Cornfed 07-04-2008 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The Slick Trick is Razor Sharp, Flight is excellent, The 4 blade design cuts huge holes, and they are Super Tough (All Steel)

I really don't know what's not to like about them.
My thoughts exactly! :)

kthiltgen 07-05-2008 11:02 AM

After all I have heard about them and the pictures people have posted, they are going to be in my quiver right along with the Rage 3 blade this year.

liquidorange 07-05-2008 12:17 PM

there are many broadheads that fly like field points. in my neck of the woods i see spitfires and grim reapers more. i guess whatever works.

im ocd 07-05-2008 12:36 PM

Slick Trick 1'' entry hole: