Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 looking for a new sight and rest on a budget >

looking for a new sight and rest on a budget

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

looking for a new sight and rest on a budget

Old 06-29-2008, 10:51 AM

Default looking for a new sight and rest on a budget

hey guys just joined the forum. i just started bow hunting last season. the bow i got came with a pse unisystem sight and i didnt like it it didnt fit my quiver that well. also i am looking for a rest that hold the arrow secure in all position. ( i like to stalk and i always find the arrow falling out of the rest i got. any suggestion would be very appreciated. thank you,

Jason.

P.s. not looking to pay alot for both.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:25 AM

Default RE: looking for a new sight and rest on a budget

As far as rests go, I prefer the QAD Hunter drop away rest ($50) or the Whisker Biscuit ($25-$60). Both are full containments rests so your arrow can't fall off. Both are great rests. Benefit of the QAD is it is a drop away, so no fletching contact. Just have to get it tuned correctly. The Whisker Biscuit is a very durable and dependable rest, and you don't have as much tuning adjustments. The negative is that the Biscuit puts extra wear on the vanes of your arrows, but not that bad. These would be my top two choices. As far as sights go, I can't say just one. A lot of variables to consider. Just shop around.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:44 AM

The WB will hold your 360 at all times. It will not move, fall off, or make noise if you bump up against something w/ your arrow. The QAD contains the arrow but there is still room for noise. It holds the arrow but doesn't stopit from bouncing up and down on the rest. Good rest, but not if you are stalking in my opinion. I stalk exclusively on most bow hunts during the rut.I really never had an issue with the vane problem. Most people have arrows they target shoot with and ones the hunt with. I am extrememly accurate with myWB and even my best friend (suprisingly my wife)can account for this. She gets pissed about buying new arrows for meon a regular basis. My vanes last a long time. Even after about a 100 shots on an arrow Idon't have any issues beside a little bit of ripple. But I use a softvane. If you do get the WB, get some fletching glue and put a lil dab on the front of the vane where it contacts the surface of the arrow. THis will keep the fletchig from eventually peeling back. If you are worried about the fletching, I refletch my arrows onceevery season if i have any left that aren't busted or cracked. The WB is a great, durable, and time tested rest. It just plain works and everyone knows it. IMO try the WB, but it ismy opinion. You don't need the most sophisticated to hit your target on the money. I have tried both and this is the one I would pick. I don't know about the NAP 360 or the Hostage rests.I have read reviews relating ware issues with them. But I can't attest to this. Good luck and happy hunting.

Justin
Old 06-29-2008, 07:14 PM

thanks, well i dont have a problem with fletching arrows my uncle hunts and does all his own cutting and fletching and he does mine as well. any info on sights at all just give me a holler.

oh one more thing. i just looked at two rests on the net one was NAP quick tune 360 and the other golden key futura shoot-out. any in put on these. from what i saw they have minimal arrow and vain contact. thanks for any in put. feel free to add you $0.02.

Jason
Old 06-29-2008, 08:57 PM

A sight for the budget friendly

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_62511_400014011_400000000_400014000_400-14-11
Old 07-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Get a WB and a Tru-Glo Lite Site & you'll be set. You can get them both together for under $60 if you shop around. Here's the Lite site, the WB you could find on e-bay cheap.
http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse.cfm/4,2651.htm

Here's a WB on E-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Whisker-Biscuit_W0QQitemZ130234640678QQihZ003QQcategoryZ36 099QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD7VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZ p1638Q2em123
Old 07-02-2008, 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: sixgunluvr

Get a WB and a Tru-Glo Lite Site & you'll be set. You can get them both together for under $60 if you shop around. Here's the Lite site, the WB you could find on e-bay cheap.
http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse.cfm/4,2651.htm

Here's a WB on E-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Whisker-Biscuit_W0QQitemZ130234640678QQihZ003QQcategoryZ36 099QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD7VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZ p1638Q2em123
X2 The WB is IMO one of the best hunting rest out there and as far as sights go Truglo lite sight or Extreem Chalenger I hunt mainly 99% out of tree stands so I hunt with a Keller Pend. sight.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_62511_400014011_400000000_400014000_400-14-11
I got tons of those for $25 with the light.

The WB is a good rest but I like the hostage a little better in that it is adjustable for windage and elevationand your fletchings pass through air instead of whiskers. If you can afford a little more money for a rest the hostage pro is a great step up from either the WB or regular hostage.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Fork Horn

IMO i've hunted with both the WB and QAD... I have a QAD now.. A little more money but I like it much better. WB is good rest, I would just shoot them both... For your sight, TruGlow hands down, I don't shoot one now but for the money can't beat'em..
Old 07-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

truglo brite site, and qad ultra hunter rest, out the door for under 100 bucks

Quick Reply: looking for a new sight and rest on a budget

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.