Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

easton axis arrows

Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 PM

Default easton axis arrows

Ok i just decided to switch to realease after shooting fingers since i was like 9 but anyway i got new arrow yesterday (the easton axis arrows) and was super excited to use them but the field points i got are too big the come out slightly from the arrow so theni tried my dads new easten tips and they seem to be the right size but there is a gap between the arrow and the tip. so im very frustrated[:@] also i use 85 grain tips cuz i dont pull bak alot so i try to keep my arrows as light as possible so if anyone has any ideas on what i can do please let me know. thanks!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: easton axis arrows

I just picked up a dozen Easton ST AXIS Nano's today. Do you have the carbon arrow inserts? The aluminum inserts are thicker and carbon narrower.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:22 PM

I have FT's that are the same exact dia. as the easton ST's, unfortunately, I don't know the name of them, but they do have a rounded bullet shape tip to them. very easy to pull of targets.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can get the proper size/diameter points. That's what I'd do

Dan
Old 07-02-2008, 06:43 PM

If there is a gap between your shaft and your tips sounds like the inserts were not set at the proper depth , depending on the size of the gap you may want to get some of the broadhead adapter rings to try to fill up the gap or just take them back to the shop you bought them from and show them and if they did not set the inserts at the proper depth they should make you up some more, the tip size for the Axis is 9/32
Old 07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Indiana SmokePole

If there is a gap between your shaft and your tips sounds like the inserts were not set at the proper depth , depending on the size of the gap you may want to get some of the broadhead adapter rings to try to fill up the gap or just take them back to the shop you bought them from and show them and if they did not set the inserts at the proper depth they should make you up some more, the tip size for the Axis is 9/32
Not saying the inserts were not set wrong but it's more likely the length of the threaded portion of the field tip. They are not all the same.

Dan