Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Purchased New Sight Need Advice >

Purchased New Sight Need Advice

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Purchased New Sight Need Advice

Old 06-21-2008, 06:52 PM

Default Purchased New Sight Need Advice

I recently bought a cobra 5 pin .019 sight that was really nice and i thought it was good. But looking at some sights i have heard that the spot hogg was top of the line. I ordered the .0010 5 pin sight off of ebay. I was wondering what the brightness was like on the hogg-it hunter 5 pins, do you think it is necessary to get the hogg wrap?? Thanks for your input it is greatly appreciated..
Old 06-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Purchased New Sight Need Advice

I have 3 of the hogg it, one .019 and the .010 and you may a very wise choice. You should get the wrap without a doubt. I found the Carolina sight light works very well with it. Be patient learning how to adust the pins on it though. You have two allen head screws per pin. When you want to lower the pin you loosen the bottom of the two allen heads then tighten the top....then tighten the bottom...sounds confusing but you'll see what I mean when you get the sight.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:41 AM

thanks for your input... so do you like the .0010 pins ... i shot .029 for a long time and the .019 increased my accuracy tremendously and i cant imagine what the .0010 is going to do... thanks..
Jared
Old 06-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

I love the .010 pins....should have done it earlier. You can see so much more of the target at longer ranges. I like to shoot distance for fun and the .010 is great. I have no problem seeing them especially if you have the wrap on it. In my humble opinion Spot Hogg makes the best sight without a doubt. I have change out a lot of things on my bow but since I bought Spot Hogg I would be hard pressed to switch. You do pay the price up front but it's worth it. If you like buying on line check out eders.com think they merged with pro bowhunter but if you put eders in on yahoo you'll find it. Also check bowhunters superstore and ye olde archery shoppe. I think obsession archery has decent deals on Spott Hogg too.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:30 PM

Thank you i purchased it and can not wait to test it out.. might have to hold off a bit for the hogg wrap but if i put a light on it do you think that will do for a little bit?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 PM

The light IMO is too bright for most occasions; unless you are hunting in a blind and it is still early dawn or right before dark it will make the pins appear to have the halo. The wrap is a definite must IMO because their standard pins are too dull to hunt with.

I got the wrap for my Hunter Hogg-It and after seeing how much of a difference the wrap makes I have come to 2 conclusions...

1.) I would not buy a Spot Hogg without a wrap because without them they are just overpriced.

2.) There is no need for the light if you buy the wrap because the pins are just that bright.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

I do think the light is necessary especially if you hunt in a blind. The pins are very bright with the wrap but in a blind you don't have much light and at dusk it's just that much better.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

cobra is a great sight....I have .029" pins, .019" are plenty small, fiberoptic wrapped pins are plenty bright.....theres no reason to own a lighted sight....illegal in some states too!

Old 06-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhunter4life

I got the wrap for my Hunter Hogg-It and after seeing how much of a difference the wrap makes I have come to 2 conclusions...

1.) I would not buy a Spot Hogg without a wrap because without them they are just overpriced.

2.) There is no need for the light if you buy the wrap because the pins are just that bright.
My thoughts EXACTLY! I've got the .019" Hunter Hogg-It with the Hogg wrap and this sight is simply amazing in ANY shooting/hunting condition! It's also the ONLY sight that I've never had to use the light in our Double Bull blinds. I won't use any other bow sight now!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

To top it off it has a life time warranty....How do you hunt out of a blind without a light...I have it too and I guess I like them really bright....point noted. I without a doubt believe this is the best sight made hands down. The only thing I'm sorry about is that it took me a cobra, vital gear and a tru glo to get to this point of owning a spot hogg.

Quick Reply: Purchased New Sight Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.