Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muck Boots

Old 06-18-2008, 07:55 PM

Default Muck Boots

Anyone out there have any experience with these boots?

Looking at upgrading my rubber boots (Lacrosse Burly's, non-insulated) love them to death, but it drops below 30 degrees and sitting on stand all day, well, my feet do get a bit cold.

I was looking at these

Woody Max®
Cold-Condiditons Hunting Boot New Mossy Oak Break-Up – WDM-MOBU[/align] Made to endure prolonged cold conditions, these boots are great for hunting in unpredictable climates.
[ul][*]Stretch-fit topline binding snugs calf to keep warmth in and cold out[*]Breathable Airmesh™ and fleece lining[*]Additional achilles overlay for added protection[*]Kick rim for hands-free removal[*]EVA molded midsole with contoured footbed (internal)[*]2mm thermal foam underlay added to the instep area for additional warmth[*]MS-1 Outsole is rugged, aggressive and durable for maximum protection and stability[*]Added toe protection with a wrap-up bumper[*]CR flex-foam bootie with four-way stretch nylon, 100% waterproof, lightweight, flexible and buoyan[*]Comfort range -40° F to 60° F[*]Men’s sizes 5-15[*]Women’s sizes 6-13 (Unisex)[/ul]
Look like they should fit the bill, looking for input on warmth, comfort, and do you feel they are as good as a plain rubber boot for scent?
[/align]
Old 06-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muck Boots

I get a lot of feedback on items I don't use myself. Most everything I hear about Muck Boots is Good!

Dan
Old 06-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a pair of Muck boots a couple of months ago. I stood in 8" of mud and water for 2 days on a hunt, and my feet were dry as a bone. They arent the exact same model, but the quality of the Muck boots was superior compared to my old lacrosse , and my feet were sweating something feirce, so I can contest to their warmth.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

From experience, Muck Boots are excellent. Comfortable and warm.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

They are my favorite. I use mine all season long. I have had them for 3 years, and no tears.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

I bought these very boots this year and I love them. Very comfortable, durable but I can't speak for below 30 degrees..... Muck is top notch. I actually got mine at Eders on line for 100.00????I have a heavier boot from believe it or not Cabelas that is hard to beat. I'm not sure what they are called but they are slip on and zip up the side. I think they have 1400 grams of thinsulate in them.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have used them for 5 years and they are great in cold, hot and wet conditions. Gave an old pair away and he loves them also. Usually one pair of socks is all I need in the really cold weather. The roll down feature makes for easy removal and put on.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also agree great boots. The woody max is better for colder weather hunting, but still works for warmer weather. I think I have the wetland boot now, it's a little cooler for warmer weather hunting, but still does well down to freezing with the right wool sock.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a pair of muck boots about 4 years ago. They are still as good as when I bought them. Bought a pair of Lacrosse rubber boots 2 years ago already need to be replaced. Will not buy a pair of Lacroose's again.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Truly Awesome boots.....I have had mine for 3 years now. They are the ONLY boot to keep my feet warm all the time and they are also not sooo bulky that they can't be hiked in if you want to.

Quick Reply: Muck Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.