Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker biscuits

Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 AM

Default RE: Whisker biscuits

I have Been shooting Archery for 35yrs now ( wow how time flys ) and I can tell you that the W/B Deluxe is by far the best rest that I have ever used IMO I not only shoot it when hunting I also shoot it in Compatition and it works FLAWLESS if you like to shoot Vains ( use the Duravain Savage super tough won't wrinkle or tear after 100s of shots threw the Bisquet Feathers shoot great (I shoot Feathers 4" ) but they do wear out faster .
I have tried them all ( fallaways - Shoot threw - Flipper - ) but I prefur the W/B over all of them but this is JMO.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

For a full containment rest the WB is a great choice. You might also look at the Hostage and the new Hostage Pro. Both great full containment rests without all the fletching contact.

Dan
Old 06-21-2008, 06:10 PM

Thanks for all the good info fellas.I went to the local bow shop yesterday.Well dont let me near that joint with money in my pocket.I bought a whisker biscuit and fitted it straight away.After a dozen or so shots to make it shoot right and sights moved holy ****.I sunk an arrow fair up the ass of another arrow.I was shocked at first,then cranky because its a $12 arrow gone,but im pretty happy with the tighter groups its giving me.It did give me a chance to see just how tough the X weave arrows really are.Here some pics and video of the last couple days mucking around.
The whisker biscuit fitted

As it sat after the shot,nearly drove the first arrow through the back of the target.

Pulled out for a bit of a look.

Bloody hell

close up,It was hard to remove the other arrow too.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:36 AM

Congrats on the Robin Hood , Although it can get Expensive at the price of arrows nowadays , You have made a good choise in rests it will serve you well.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:37 AM

Try the APA Ultimate. You can see it at apaarchery.com. It wont fall off and when you shoot nothing is touching the arrow to damage the vanes.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

5 shot iz rite...your doin too much when ya draw
Old 06-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

nize one in one.......your on target now