Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker biscuits

Old 06-17-2008, 06:00 AM

Default Whisker biscuits

I have a darton woodsman compound bow.I have only had it for 4 months.Its got a NAP arrow rest which is not a drop away just spring loaded.Its fine for most times,but im sick of holding arrows on it.How many of you use a whisker biscuit?Have heard they are good stuff.This isnt my first bow.Have been hunting with bows for well over 20 years.But have never had a bow recurve/compound with sights or used a release aid.So this is all new to me.I will say that its a bit more accurate using them but i will still get a recurve to remind me of older times.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker biscuits

I have shot and hunted with the discuit before... Pretty good rest and alot of people really like them. I'm not a big fan, I shot, at that time,4 inch vains it I felt that it sometimes might have aided in damaging. Anyway it cost more moneybutby reading your post you might want to look at the QAD Ultra-Rest HD Pro Series... Wow what a great rest and I think it will accomplish what your looking for..
Old 06-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

WB are fine rest for the bowhunter, simple and reliable. The bigger question is why are you holding your finger on the arrow? With practice you should be able to draw the bow back and the arrow should stay on the rest. A lot of beginers have problems but you need to practice drawing the bow until you can do so without the arrow popping off the rest. Many times it's just a matter of coordination, training your muscles to to draw smoothly, other times it's a matter of pulling to much draw weight and having to "jerk" the string back. I have seen several Cut fingers from bowhunters drawing a broadead tipped arrow back with there finger on the shaft. Once you get that problem solved you can look at the WB rest.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:59 AM

I dont have a problem with the arrow coming off all the time,but when i practise in my shed i want to know its going to take off from the rest everytime.If it doesnt its going to go straight through the shed wall and into my over the fence buddies place.Plus i want to know when im hunting i dont need a finger on the arrow to hunt.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whisker biscuits were my "go to" rests for years until I finally discovered the qad ultra rest. Now,IT is my go to rest. Full capture,extremely easy to tune and set up,and just as foolproof as the whisker biscuits are.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my whisker biscuit (honestly I have never tried anything else). I do a lot of still hunting so I like that its a full capture rest. I shoot 4" vanes, and once I tuned itit hasn't torn upany vanes or affected accuracy negatively.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:40 PM

I did on my last bow and it is an ok rest especially for a beginner. The only thing that I did not like is how it warps the vanes and slows down the arrow when it gets wet.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot one. and I can say that going from a spring type rest to a biscuit. You'll love it. I understand what your saying I had problems with arrows falling off the spring rest.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:59 PM

I'm not a new hunter or shooter. Been hunting with a compound bow for 15+ years. I use the W.B. and I like it. Many folks mess up some vanes with them due to bad glue, poor timing, or any number of other things. I use the Blazer vanes, and set them about 2 - 3 deg. offset ... I trimmed out some of the whiskers to give it a thinner profile while still accomplishing the desired effect, and I don'tdrop arrows and I don't tear up vanes. I have shot the W.B. for 7 years now, and I don't plan on changing. I am about to buy a new PSE X-force SS, and it will be fitted with a W.B. I test fired a PSE Pro rep's X-force ss recently, and it was fitted with a W.B. and it was unreal. I mean fast and accurate and quiet.

You can try any number of rests you like, but I would not hesitate to use the W.B., especially for hunting situations. They just plain work... no frills, no thrills, they just work.

God Bless

Michael

Old 06-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

I currently shoot a WB, great rest, especially if you use 2" Blazers with a slight offset as stated above. However,for the past couple of weeks I've been leaning towards a drop-away (QAD or Ripcord). Nothingagainst the WB, just when I was lookingto buy a new bow (which I did buy),I shotseveral that had a drop-aways and thought is was worth checking into. Did a little researchby reading threads on this and other forums and have almost made up my mind. So now I've saved up a little extra coin am thinking about making the switch.

Quick Reply: Whisker biscuits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.