Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review. >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Spike

Default RE: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

Your Stabilizer straps are mounted wrong. They nee to be attached to the platform.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shaftcaster

Your Stabilizer straps are mounted wrong. They nee to be attached to the platform.

I chose to mount them this way because I will not climb with them buckled together. I will attach them once I get to hunting height.

Strapping them to the arms rather than the platform will make them easier to reach down and grab once I reach my desired height.
[/align]
Old 06-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

you outta give this guy a shout. he sells these seats for the LW. I have one and it is way comfy and much lighter than the summit seat. I know the picture shown is a summit but he does make the seat for the LW.

hazmore outdoor products.

around 20.00 for seat plus shipping.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:23 PM

Thanks for the review. I am planning on buying the LW sit and climb with the new seat for this year.

I was also wondering how easy it is to climb with the stand and how easy it is to come down.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was also wondering how easy it is to climb with the stand and how easy it is to come down.
I had no trouble getting used to the feel even the first time I used it. It climbs well.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Scott (and all LW users):

I resurrected this....because I just picked my new stand up (sit and climb). I appreciate the review....and I'll use it to set mine up, tonight.

Question....Do you not feel a little unsafe with the sections NOT being attached as you ascend? If you choose to leave them attached....how big of increments can you get as you ascend/descend?

Those straps look worth their weight in gold. I'm gonna order those, today, I think.

Great review.....I'll post my thoughts on mine as I become familiar with the stand.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:48 PM

GMMAT mine come with the straps that hold the base to the seat part if that is the ones you are talking about and mine let out plenty enough to get enough of a bite or distance to move on up the tree pretty easily.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Question....Do you not feel a little unsafe with the sections NOT being attached as you ascend? If you choose to leave them attached....how big of increments can you get as you ascend/descend?
I am not sure, I climb with mine unattached. I may try to adjust them all the way and see if they restrict me or not, they seem rather long though.Some times I will lift the climbing portion all the way over my head and do pull ups to climb the tree. I am not certain if the straps are long enough to do this.

How is the new seat?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Some times I will lift the climbing portion all the way over my head and do pull ups to climb the tree.
No offense Scott but that is something I am not willing to do with any stand. I just can't see myself doing pullups climbing a tree. Seems unsafe to me, but thats just my opinion. Of course I am older than you, not in the shape I once was and am getting lazy.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

The new seat is fine. I'm trying to get it adjusted just right.

I can let the straps out all the way and climb unencumbered using the hand climber method. That's what I'll likely do. I cinch it tight when I get set up to secure the top.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.