Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review. >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Some times I will lift the climbing portion all the way over my head and do pull ups to climb the tree.
No offense Scott but that is something I am not willing to do with any stand. I just can't see myself doing pullups climbing a tree. Seems unsafe to me, but thats just my opinion. Of course I am older than you, not in the shape I once was and am getting lazy.
I will tell you... You can get up a tree in a hurry like this.... [8D]
Old 08-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

I'd be afraid I would come down in a hurry too, lol. Your wearing a harness while doing this?
Old 08-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hillbilly archer

I'd be afraid I would come down in a hurry too, lol. Your wearing a harness while doing this?
I attach my harness after I reach my desired height. Right or wrong, that is how I do it no matter which way I decide to climb.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

I attach my harness after I reach my desired height. Right or wrong, that is how I do it no matter which way I decide to climb.
Ok, I'm just asking. Thats your choice, good luck.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scott,
I don't know if you figured it out yet or not.........and i'm not wading through 5 pages to find out, LOL but I figured out the trick to collapsing the support brace for packing.

If you look closely at the tubing where the slot is there is a very shallow circular indentation where the spacer fits against when you tighten it down. When you loosen the knob to collapse the braces you simply have to pull outward on that spacer that contact the tube to get it out of the indentation and it slides down without a hitch everytime.
When I first set mine up I was like "What the heck am I doing wrong?" One would come down, neitehr would come down or magically both would and it wasn't until I just stopped and looked at the thing that I figured it out.
It only takes a slight outward pull on the spacer (not the outside knob) to release it from that shallow circular spot.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Scott,
I don't know if you figured it out yet or not.........and i'm not wading through 5 pages to find out, LOL but I figured out the trick to collapsing the support brace for packing.

If you look closely at the tubing where the slot is there is a very shallow circular indentation where the spacer fits against when you tighten it down. When you loosen the knob to collapse the braces you simply have to pull outward on that spacer that contact the tube to get it out of the indentation and it slides down without a hitch everytime.
When I first set mine up I was like "What the heck am I doing wrong?" One would come down, neitehr would come down or magically both would and it wasn't until I just stopped and looked at the thing that I figured it out.
It only takes a slight outward pull on the spacer (not the outside knob) to release it from that shallow circular spot.
I tried this tonight.... The one side still is very difficult to get out of the circular spot... The other three aren't so bad. I think that one may be just a tad to tight....
Old 08-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Of the three Lone Wolf climbers I owned only one caused my any problems getting a brace to slide up and down as it should easily. I simply loosened the locknut ever so slightly until both braces worked flawlessly. Still, I want them tight enough that I Have to pull out of the indentations.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

New to the board but not LW. Very informative review!

Have both the sit and climb, and the hand climber. Love everything about these except for the previously stated discomfort. For morning or evening bow hunts, I prefer the hand climber. Very little in the way once your up in the tree. Also a bit less weight on your back. In fact I have taken two shots at buck with the stand on my back and one full draw with no shot. Only once could I not draw with this stand on my back....no fault to the standWith all these shots while the stand was on my back.. not sure why I use it each time. Only one shot while in it.....and one kill during bow season.

I have started to develop my own seat for the hand climber. This year will be the second season of testing.

I purchased my stands years ago and not sure I know where the stabilizer straps are. I have never used them.. We are talking at least 5 years of use. Can someone explain why they are needed or benefit?

Also, want to pass along a tip. If you are having a tough time with the traction belt and the latch, you can put a tiny bit of silicone in the area the the latch is really smooth to push down or lift up.

I I don't have problem with the sliders as long as I loosen them good and pull them out. Big key there is that they need to be in sync for both to go down easy. One before the other and they bind easy.

Some asked how quiet these are? I have not only climbed trees with deer in sight and < 40 years. I have taken it off myback and set it up in the same situation. This happened multiple times. This really is the silent hunter compared to some stands where you can hear someone unpacking their stand and mounting it to the tree. This is why I own them. Personally, worth every cent. IMO
Old 09-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Nice review. I like the idea of the Summit replacement seat. Do you think it is wide enough for someone with a 40" waist like me?