Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review. >

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I quickly ordered the XL traction belts for mine. Here's a tip, too: Look at them and see if one is already an XL; I don't know if it was a fluke, but I ordered a pair of them, only to later discover that I already had one on my stand... so now I've got an extra one if I ever need to replace one later.
Since you mentioned about the belts... The belt on my platformseemed longer than the belt on my seat portion.... I will have to check for sure tomorrow.

Check out www.graywolfwoolens.com for Jeff's Lone Wolf backpack straps. I grabbed a pair of these for my LW... talk about SUPER comfy; they're made of a real thick neoprene or something like that, and have a nifty feature where you can pull them tight after you shoulder your stand, and then release them quickly as well.
Bolded, is another "must" for me..... I will check those out for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know what you mean, Scott... but by getting it exactly the way you wanted, you'll probably be happy with it now for years and year... just like you said. Divided out over those years, the cost is probably hardly anything per year.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, that's the way mine was too... it'll save you $30 or whatever it cost by knowing that ahead of time...
Old 06-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

I own a sit n climb and personally never felt the bar under my seat
Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 PM

I have a question about the longer belts. If you put the longer belts on don't you loose some ability for the stand to fit on smaller trees?

It looks like the belts only go in so far and hit an end stop.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

They will come in contact with the stops on the platform, but they still go so small that I don't think I'd want to be in a tree any smaller than what was possible to get in with the XL belts on.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Haha EARLY..Nice ALUMINUM arrows, old timer !! Thick stuff !!
I get the KE out of those bad boys though!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great review Scott. I don't even use a climber and I was still interested in reading the entire thing. Job well done.

My only comment is that before everyone automatically assumes that you need to replace the seat in order to be comfortable to check out the new updated seat for 08. LW obviously knew this was an issue and made some good changes for this year, including wider straps under the cushion so they don't cut into your legs as much. I haven't hunted from the new seat, or any climber at all for that matter, but I did sit in one at the ATA show and it felt good.How it feels after a few hours in the stand remain to be seen, but if it turns out to be a big improvement over the old seat you've just saved yourself some money and the time it took you to install the new seat.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg/MO - those pack straps at GWW are awesome.

Scott - great review, and I agree with everything you said. My buddy bought the same stand and I borrowed it for a test-drive.

Not sure if he got a lemon or what, but the sliders on the pivoting trusses really got bound up, and I had a devil of a time packing it flat. You definitely can't understate what a pain in the ass it is to fight with that stupid slider in the dark and cold.

There's definitely a trick to it (which is discovered through trial-and-error). But there shouldn't have to be. There's gotta be a better way.

I almost ordered one last year, but I'm holding off until they redesign that part.

Once you get it popped out, and go up the tree with it - it's a fantastic stand. Their traction-belt system blows the Summit "Cable" design out of the water.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice review Buckeye! Well written and awesome photos. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together for us.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb *Hybrid* Review.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.