Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Looking for information...PSE >

Looking for information...PSE

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking for information...PSE

Old 06-01-2008, 07:07 PM

Default Looking for information...PSE

I am going to upgrade bows soon, and have been seriously considering the PSE X-Force SS. I have shot it and I was very much impressed, but I am looking for folks who have them and know their weaknesses ........ if any.

I have also been looking at the Mathews DXT. But I have not shot one yet.

Any and all input is appreciated.

God Bless

MET

Old 06-02-2008, 09:09 PM

Default RE: Looking for information...PSE

No one shoots this bow??
Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 PM

In my experiences myself and my friends all shoot PSE.We shotthe Mathews outback and switchback from last year for a while and it just did not feel right. Make sure you shoot that Mathews quite a bit before you decide to buy it.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Spike

Ive got this bow as well as other PSE'S. I have yet to find a "Flaw" in this little guy. Shoots flawless everytime very smooth and quiet, no handshock. Hope this helps!! Ive got an extra id sell you.....Shot around 15-20 times 29''draw 70lbs....bare bow.....$650tyd
Old 06-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would not recomend this bow to anyone with a draw length over 28 inches. If you have a draw length of 28-30 inches then IMHO you would be far better suited with the Dream season.

IMO the SS is way too short for a longer draw length. The string angle becomes very sharp and you must change your anchor point pretty signifigantly in order to have the "standard" contact points on your face. Everything feels very unnatural with a bow this short and a longer draw length.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:59 PM

This was my impression as well. I also don't like the fairly harsh draw cycle - but I guess that's how they get the speed [8D]
Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM

hey, k5policemen

how did u wind up with more than one, and why is it not shot more ? is it an 07 or 08 model? pm me with more info and pics if possible. where r u located? it may be in your post , but I am on my mobil right now.

thanks

met
Old 06-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Bigbulls , i was thinking about the SS and decided against just because of how short the bow is . Unless your blind shooting or have very limited movement , I'd go for the Dream Season . I've had my Dream Season for3 months now and love it , i'll keep this one for a long time .
Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Spike

Michael, Im on PSE prostaff, and yes they are both 08 models, I have one setup that I shoot and the other I orderedfor a buddy and I screwed up and ordered it right handed and he is left, rather than send it back I just kept it, and figured id part with eventually!! Im in SE KANSAS....Im leaving for the Police Academy on Monday, so I dont have alot of time to mess with trying to sell it....just thought id let you know.....I dont have pics but just look at any SS and thats what ive got, no dingsmarks etc......I do have a Peep in the String......I do have to agree with the post above about the angle making you move your anchor a lil. but, but is what I did was put in a bigger peep and im fine driving tacks out to 60yds.......620-288-0665
Old 06-04-2008, 09:51 PM

Well, as I said in my original post, I have shot the SS, and I was very suprised.

The bow was not set up for me, as I was in a local gun / bow shop here, and a rep came in and had a SS set up with a peep, vibration dampening, and a whisker biscuit. I shot his bow a few times and it was extremely fast and unbelievably quiet. I grouped very well, though I had never shot that bow before. I have never owned or hunted with anything but a PSE, and I have found their quality second to none. Everyone has different opinions about bow setups, but if I could get it set up like the PSE rep had that set up, I would be very happy. I was quite comfortable with his bow. But then again, I shoot a short bow anyway in the PSE Firestorm Lite. And I have been very happy with it.

Thanks Guys. KSPoliceman, I will give you a call to discuss.

MET

Quick Reply: Looking for information...PSE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.