Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Block 4x4?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Block 4x4?

Ditto with everyone else. If you shoot often and stack arrows on top of one another you will be blowing through the block like a paper bag in a short period of time.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Fork Horn

Something I learned that works really really well with both field points and broadheads, also very economical... Go buy a few cans of "tuff stuff", which is that yellow insulation. Get a card board box and fill it up with the tuff stuff.. Be sure to tape the box really good so it will not bust out of the box when it expandes... Let it harden then remove the cardboard box... You will have yourself a strong durable target that will last several seasons...
Old 06-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: odom82

Something I learned that works really really well with both field points and broadheads, also very economical... Go buy a few cans of "tuff stuff", which is that yellow insulation. Get a card board box and fill it up with the tuff stuff.. Be sure to tape the box really good so it will not bust out of the box when it expandes... Let it harden then remove the cardboard box... You will have yourself a strong durable target that will last several seasons...
?? I have never heard of this before but it sounds like it might just work fine. Anyone else ever heard of this?
Old 06-03-2008, 01:51 PM

Until I find something better, I'm going to continue using the Morrell bag targets for field points and the King's target for broadheads. I really wonder about those celebrity advertisements for the Block 4X4's. Wonder how much they were paid, and how much that increased the retail price of the product . . .
Old 06-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

I used a Block 4x4 from last year to early this spring, and I can tell you that they are not worth the money. When i was sighting in my broadheads, it wound up just getting torn to shreds. Go with a bag.