Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Epic Stealth or Roscoby Riser Cam >

Epic Stealth or Roscoby Riser Cam

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Epic Stealth or Roscoby Riser Cam

Old 05-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Epic Stealth or Roscoby Riser Cam

Have been wanting to film my own hunts for a long time, I think one of these two items are what I am looking for. Both of these items are new, have you guys heard of these? What do you think? Sorry I didn't provide a link, a google search should get you a look.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Epic Stealth or Roscoby Riser Cam

Anyone?
Old 05-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

We are going to be carrying the stealth camera. They are due to ship sometime in June, give or take.
About half the price (about $170+-)and half the sizeof the Roscoby cam. It can also be mounted to the stabilizer instead of having to remove the stabilizer completely.

This is suppose to be a prototype video of the Stealth Epic.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r4q5rBzS5_M

Another
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u0MYknFvAj0&feature=related
Old 05-19-2008, 08:29 PM

Just my opinion but I don't think those videos are going to help sell the stealth cam.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Really?

A digital video camera that is no bigger than a small bottle of asprin, that records up to 200 minutes of video to aSD card,that is able to ride down a hill on a mountain bike,still able to getvideo that looks like that, and will retail for about $170.

I'm curious, Exactly what would expect from a unit like this?

I think it is pretty dang good.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 PM

It would have to be as good as the Roscoby. They have alot of videos, just about everything they have on their site was shot with their cam. I mean the Stealth Cam may be as good, but justbased onthose videos I would pay the $350 for the Roscoby. I know those are "prototype" videos and they were posted back last november so I think Stealth could come up with some better videos than that. Another thing that hurts the Stealth is that there is nothing on their website about the cam, I had to find everything from other sites. They should have videos on their website promoting their product. To me, without anythingabout it on their site, it makes me think they don't have much confidence in it.

However, the Stealth has size, weight and price on their side. If they can come up with some videos to convince me to buy it, I will. This is going to be a popular product, but I just need a little more convincing.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know. Judging from the video of the doeRoscoby put on their web site and the ones I could find on youtube I think they are pretty equal.

You gotta remember that the Stealth camera is mounted to a mountain bike that is traveling at about 15 mph down a rocky mountain trail. Pretty tough for any camera to get high quality images. The videos of the Roscoby seemed to be equally grainy when the camera was moved around a lot.

Ido agree that Stealth neeeds to get it on their web site and post some hunting video for us to view.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:03 PM

Like I said just from video alone I would buy the Roscoby right now... but as soon as Stealth shows some video I may change my mind
Old 05-30-2008, 02:46 PM

Check out this web site for some good videos from a moving Epic Stealth Cam

www.epicstealthcam.com

These are also prototype videos, but they look pretty good.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the EPIC link.

I have been going on the main stealth cam web page and actually called them a month ago to get this type of information.
I spoke with a Cabelas rep the other day and they said the new availability date was 6/15/08.

I really believe the hat mount for the EPIC will allow for much steadier video that the Roscoby, which seem the only mount option is as a stabilizer.

I also saw the Roscoby and have to say that the doe video was extremely shaky.

My only concern is recording in the woods in low light conditions.

If either can show a still video at dawn and dusk in the woods, under a canopy of leaves (early season) and the video quality is good - I will place my order immediately.

Quick Reply: Epic Stealth or Roscoby Riser Cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.