HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Can you recommend a good release aid? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/245134-can-you-recommend-good-release-aid.html)

western outdoors 05-06-2008 03:28 PM

Can you recommend a good release aid?

For years I've always used a True Fire velcro strap release aid. After thinking about it, I started thinking that the velcro strap probably isn't the best option for consistancy, since you aren't necessarily going to the same spot every time. For this reason, I'm thinking maybe a buckle strap would be a better option. Please tell me if I'm wrong? There are so many different buckle style release aids out there, I was just wanting to get some feedback so I could possibly narrow the search down a bit. Thanks!!

yajsab 05-06-2008 04:04 PM

RE: Can you recommend a good release aid?

Do a search and there are probably a dozen of discussions on this topic. Anyrate, Scott is among the popular releases. I shoot the little goose and wildcat.

scooterdo75 05-06-2008 04:28 PM

I agree, the velcro is a little inconsistant, but I dont care for it, because the first time you draw your bow, it stetches and makes that velcro sound. Sometimes it will do it for numerous shots until it settles into its place. I would hate to miss a shot because the game heard my release creaking. And I also second the Little goose. I know it comes in a buckle style. They're a little akward putting on one handed, but better in the long run.

MeanV2 05-06-2008 07:03 PM

Scott makes some great releases and I use a couple, but my favorite is the Carter 2 Shot.

Dan

TexasBowHunter 05-06-2008 08:27 PM

I love the scott release, I shoot the old faithful they don't even make anymore. Mine came with the velcro straps and I ordered the buckle strap and have had it on there for 8 or 9 years. I won't go back to a velcro strap b/c I dont think you can put it on the same every time. As for the scott line of releases, IMO they make a good product, my release is 10+ years old and still doing what it is supposed to......

dbleyepatches 05-07-2008 06:24 AM

I shot a Scott Mongoose and recently switched to a Scott Wildcat. Great releases and very consistent. The best part is no velcro sound on the first few shots as stated above.

Grandviewer 05-07-2008 08:20 AM

IMHO The best strap made by Tru-fire and their new line up is great place to look at. Not saying anything bad about the other wrist strap releases I like Tru-fire. I used to shoot them but I have gone to the Carter thumb style releases.

Bailsuk 05-08-2008 01:40 AM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Scott makes some great releases and I use a couple

Dan
X2 , i use the Scott itty bitty goose , buckled release and its awesome . Very comfortable .

yajsab 05-08-2008 11:27 AM

A lot of people used the buckle strap. I have been using the velcro for a long time. I have shot elks at 7 yards and they didn't even hear the velcro noise. So take your preference. :D

western outdoors 05-12-2008 02:14 PM

Went and looked at a couple of the releases today. I was actually leaning towards one of the Tru Fire releases because I read somewherethat their buckle straps are easier to get on. I didn't like their trigger, however. I didn't like how they don't actually spring open, but rather only squeeze open and closed. So I tried and went with theScott's LittleGooseDeluxe. I really like the feel of it. Thanks for the recommendations!