Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Climbing stands

Old 04-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Spike

Default Climbing stands

I'll be purchasing a climbing stand soon but have been having a hard time deciding which one to get. I've narrowed it down to the Summit Goliath and the Equalizer. I know the Summit is a very good stand and know some guys that use them and like them alot but what about the Equalizer? I've been on their web site and watched the video of the stand and it looks like a very good stand. If anyone has personally used one what do you think pros and cons.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Spike

Default RE: Climbing stands

I have an equalizer. It was the first stand (and only) stand I have purchased so I really don't have anything to compare it to. Last year I was in the same boat as you, trying to figure out which stand to purchase (summit razor or equalizer were my choices). What I can tell you is the Equalizer is constructed well. It bites very well into the tree and when you lock it in with the locking straps it is rock solid. Its greatest feature is the ability to be leveled as you climb. If you prefer a sling style seat you can add one on ( a previous topic about this stated that you are better off using a Summit sling seat on it). The Equalizer wasdiscussed quite a bit last year so if you do a thread search you probably can come up with some more info and pictures. Good luck....

Frank
Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 AM
Spike

Here you are check these out:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2393228&mpage=1&key=climbing%2cs tand&#2393228

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2375505&mpage=1&key=climbing%2cs tand&#2375505
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

can't go wrong with a summit. I like the open front of the razor, no bar in the way for the bow to bump into
Old 05-02-2008, 04:42 PM

I happen to own both models. Both are excellent stands. The Goliath is too comfortable (ha,ha) The Equalizer has a larger model this year like the Goliath. I bought a new larger model of the Equalizer at Harrisburg in February. I am sold on it. You can't go wrong with either but I now prefer the Equalizer.

DetLieut

I am 6'7" and 300 lbs.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

I purchased a Summit Goliath last year and did more hunting out of it than any other climber I have ever had. It is really a pleasure to hunt out of. I just went to the Equalizer site and it is a very interesting climber with some awesome features. I won't get rid of my Goliath, but I may look into an Equalizer to go along with it. A man can't have to many climbers can he???