HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   black ice VS 82nd airborne (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/243585-black-ice-vs-82nd-airborne.html)

fly_true 04-23-2008 06:03 PM

black ice VS 82nd airborne

hey everybody

can you guys tell the pros and cons of both bows. i have drawn both of them back and I like them both and how they feel in my hands.

buckmaster 04-23-2008 06:28 PM

RE: black ice VS 82nd airborne

The differencesin those 2 bows are night and day, They Black Ice is going to have a smooth draw, with smoothand quiet shot while being slower, The 82nd is going to give you a stiffer draw, louder shot, with a rock solid back wall and with blazing speed.

Swift Arrow 04-23-2008 06:39 PM

Yeah, but it's not really slow. It is percieved as slow in comparison to the "speed" bows. I love my blackice and he is right, it is smooth, light weight, short axle to axle, and very very quiet. It is perfect for hunting in and out of a tree stand! I would get an airborne for target only, but that is my opinion. I am only 5'9" and to shoot an airborne would be like playing the harp! LOL

luke/r 04-23-2008 07:55 PM

I liked the Black Ice out of the 2. Ihad it last year and it is a very nice bow. I traded for a Guardian this year and actually bought it back a month later. I like that bow alot. I shot the 82nd it is a nice bow and shoots nice and fast but I personally didn't care for it. No particular reason just didn't feel right to me. Both are nice bows you will just have to go shoot both side by side to see which one you like. Good Luck.

MeanV2 04-23-2008 09:52 PM

There are no Cons to the 82nd for me. I much prefer it over the Black Ice, but Ihave alwayspreferred Binary Cams. My 82nd is blazing Fast and gives up nothing in shootability to attain that speed. The Black Ice was a nice bow, and I did enjoy shooting it, but....................................

If I were to pick between the 2 for a hunting Bow, for me it would be hands down the Airborne 82nd.

I honestly believe it may end up being a superior Bow to even the Allegiance in my eyes, but time will tell.;)

Dan

buckmaster 04-24-2008 07:53 PM

I honestly believe it may end up being a superior Bow to even the Allegiance in my eyes, but time will tell.;)

Ive shot them both... and i cant see it happening. No Way.

fly_true 04-24-2008 09:00 PM

thanks everybody

i purchase the black ice out of the two them

Swift Arrow 04-25-2008 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: fly_true

thanks everybody

i purchase the black ice out of the two them
You did the right thing my friend! :D