HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   What arrow should I get to replace with? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/242574-what-arrow-should-i-get-replace.html)

Swift Arrow 04-15-2008 08:58 PM

What arrow should I get to replace with?

I keep breaking the sides of my Gold Tips with my groups, ruined my second brand new arrow last night. Anyway, I used to think that they were the toughest arrow around until now, plus the fact that I hear they are now made in Mexico makes me think the quality might have gone down hill, but I could be pessimistic.

So tell me from your experience what are the other alternatives such as Maxima's, Easton's, Beaman's, and others. Thanks

BGfisher 04-15-2008 09:28 PM

RE: What arrow should I get to replace with?

You heard? There is nothing wrong with the arrows you are shooting. The problem is that NO arrow brand will stand up to be smashed by other arrows. You jsut need to start shooting either longer distances or multiple spots. It's called getting smart.

98Redline 04-16-2008 08:47 AM

X2

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

You heard? There is nothing wrong with the arrows you are shooting. The problem is that NO arrow brand will stand up to be smashed by other arrows. You jsut need to start shooting either longer distances or multiple spots. It's called getting smart.

YooperMike 04-16-2008 09:32 AM

Agreed...even the new kevlar ones form Carbon Express break when hit by another arrow.

Hoytrocks 04-16-2008 12:18 PM

I agree but the bull collar on the maxima and maxima hunters do help in a glancing blow. If you hit it dead center they all break but the collar does help the off the side of the nock. I think you better start shooting a five spot.

MeanV2 04-16-2008 03:58 PM

Quit grouping arrows!;)

If you like grouping arrows you will just have to sacrifice a few.

Dan

Swift Arrow 04-16-2008 04:12 PM

I hear ya, it just sucks. I want the robin hood but I am going to have to start shooting 5 spot. Dang Black Ice! It's not easy being blessed some times, LOL!

Kanga 04-16-2008 06:16 PM

You can get some ACC 3-60 uni bushings and G nocks, They will save the back of your arrows;)

Just dont glue the uni bushings in, instead put a plastic baggie over the back of the shaft, insert the uni bushing then strip the baggie down, burn off any excess plastic with a lighter but dont get it too close;)

BGfisher 04-16-2008 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

You can get some ACC 3-60 uni bushings and G nocks, They will save the back of your arrows;)

Just dont glue the uni bushings in, instead put a plastic baggie over the back of the shaft, insert the uni bushing then strip the baggie down, burn off any excess plastic with a lighter but dont get it too close;)
Ditto. The only thing I do differently is use Easton CB bushings and hot melt them in. Love those G-nocks.

salukipv1 04-16-2008 08:43 PM

Don't shoot at the same dot!! Get some orange dots and put up 5 dots and aim at different points, so you don't "robin hood" your arrows.