HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Gorilla Climbing Treestand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/241740-gorilla-climbing-treestand.html)

Scoobiedoo 04-10-2008 12:07 PM

Gorilla Climbing Treestand

Just used my brand new 2008 Gorilla Climbing Treestand! This IS without a doubt THE most SOLID, easy to use climber that REALLY feels and is secure! Coated cables REALLY hold onto to tree solid, easy SIT and CLIMB feature with the padded rail you sit on. Easy, fast set up and lays and folds over itself beautifully for easy packing! Comes with Full Body Harness as well!

PS Toss the bungee cords out that some with it and get 2 of the colored regular bungee cords that Wal-Mart or Lowe's sell! They work better and have more stretch/holding power!

Comes WITH padded backpack straps! This baby has a cool hammock-style mesh seat that you don't have to worry about getting soaked with rain or snow as well!

I'd have to rate this TS as THE best bowhunting investment I ever purchased! I'd rate it a 10/10 as far as quality, ease of use, security, non-slip feature, etc.

This is going to be a kick ass TS for the upcoming 2008 season!

MdDave 04-11-2008 03:06 PM

RE: Gorilla Climbing Treestand

ever hunt out of a summit climber?

Scoobiedoo 04-11-2008 03:30 PM

Yup - had a Viper - hated it. Slid down a tree once and that was the end of that TS.

fjp326 04-12-2008 07:16 PM

Checkout the Equalizer. Rock solid in the tree and can be leveled anytime as you are going up with the turn of the crank.

txjourneyman 04-14-2008 06:25 AM

Scoobiedoo I have a Gorilla also and I feel the same way. Good for all day sits, easy to climb and light enough to carry as far as I need to.

Scoobiedoo 04-14-2008 06:27 AM

Ahh - don't get me wrong - I'm sure that Summit and many others make an excellent climber but MY experience with the Summit Viper about 8 yrs ago wasn't so good. I thought it was THE scariest thing I had ever used!

kthiltgen 04-17-2008 10:13 AM

I have an Ol'Man and the Gorilla climbers function much like the Ol'Man multivision that I use ( going on the 5th season now) and it is rock solid in the tree, while packing, and while I am taking aim on the deer/turkey in my sights. In all I have had great experiences with the Ol'Man Multivision and by the looks of the Gorilla and the design being much like it I cant see how you wouldent like it. My next stand I will try is a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb. Have heard nothig but great things about them and the company and they are even more light weight than both the Gorilla, and Ol'Man stands.

yajsab 04-17-2008 01:50 PM

Glad you like it.

When I received my summit, I immediately found a potential sliding problem that you mentioned. I know what I need to fix but have not done it yet. So far, it has been good.

Kamil 04-18-2008 05:06 AM

i have tried gorilla , summit and other treestands as well, but i haven't found a better stand than my lone wofl sit n climb..

yajsab 04-18-2008 10:57 AM

While you mention lone wolf, sportsmenwarehouse is selling the lone wolf for 259. Just thought I pass it along.