Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Im glad I dont shoot a Mathews! >

Im glad I dont shoot a Mathews!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Im glad I dont shoot a Mathews!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Im glad I dont shoot a Mathews!

Negative advertising?!? Mathews took the lead in that category long ago with their famous ads blasting Hoyt and the Cam 1/2. LOL Can't you guys tell the difference between negative advertising and a lampoon film?

Mathews baiting is so much fun because so many Mathews shooters have NO sense of humor whatsoever, and get all wound up over a little spoofing.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:20 PM

I'm not a Mathews shooter, but several of my buddies use them and swear by them. If you want to know what a bow is really "worth", check out what they bring on e-bay in an open competitive bidding environment. The 2005 Mathews Outback will bring more used than many new 2007 superbows are fetching in new condition. Apparently, there is something to a bow that is smooth and forgiving at the expense of having only moderate speed.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

When I bought my Trykon (used), it was 2 years old and I got a heck of a deal ($400 loaded). I had an option to get a 5 year old Mathews MQ1 for $450 no where near as loaded as mine. I picked the Hoyt based off of age and options, but the Mathews was a VERY tight second in the running. I have nothing but respect for the Mathews product line. But, it never hurts to laugh at things once in a while.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
bigcountry

Thats pretty funny. Not sure how mathews can develop anymore on single cam technology.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Idaho Elk Huntr, Just courious what bow do you shoot?

I don't have any sound on this computer so maybe it is funnier watching it with sound? As it is withoutsound just watching it seemeddumb.Overall I don't care what people think or shoot, heck I am the type to shoot a weapon that no one else has, just to be different. No matter what companys are involvedwhen it comes to slinging mud it makesall involved looked stupid.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am a Mathews fan and shooter. I personally prefer their bows over any other, but I did get a chuckle out of that...

Old 04-15-2008, 10:22 AM

Funny.

Those that can....do.

Those that can't....make fun.

It's hard to compete with any of the top three bow manufactures IMO.

Mathews, Bowtech and Hoyt.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:18 PM

I believe that in bow's what fits a person is what counts, you cannot beat up another for their bow. It is what fits a person that makes the BOW for them. That includes everything
Old 04-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Host of Hosts

I guess Mathews didn't find it funny....Here's what I got when I logged in...

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Mathews Inc. [/align]
Old 04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I didn't get a chance to watch it. Must have been tooooo funny if Mathews took the time to have it removed. Anybody have a description of what took place?

Quick Reply: Im glad I dont shoot a Mathews!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.