Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

looking for a bow

Old 04-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Spike

Default RE: looking for a bow

Love The General from Bowtech
Old 05-03-2008, 07:45 PM

I have a Bowtech Guardian and a Ross Cardiac. Both are great shooters. Didn't need my Drenalin any more so I traded it for a new 3 1/2" 12ga. Turkey Gun. $ for $ you can't beat the Cardiac.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

Definitely shoot one before you buy it. I personally think reflex is the way to go, because they are economical and made by hoyt. I went and shot a reflex growler, hoytkatera and a bowtech guardian. I honestly felt the growler shot better than the other two (at least for me) I will admit that the other two seemed to be faster, but they all were putting it in the same place.I have a 3 year old reflex excursion and it is a great bow. My buddy wants to get into bows, so I am going to give him my old excursion since he doesn't have the money to get into the sport. Thus, I have to get another one for myself. I still need to shoot the reflexcharger, but it is hard to beat the growler package deal for $550 sight, rest, quiver.

Anyways, I'm just saying there are quality bows i.e. fred bear, diamond, reflex etc.. that are made by top manufacturers without the super high price tag. Good luck.
I used to have a Reflex Growler...very good bow for the money...but in the list of bows try a ROSS also...
Old 05-04-2008, 06:59 PM

been looking for 6 months finally got the switchback, dressing it out now and haven't shot it yet but I love it already
Old 05-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Lots of good advice and they are all saying the same thing. Find what fits you. Most name brand bow makers are producing really good bows these days. You gotta decide. Single cam, dual cam, length, brace height, let off, Etc. Most good Bow shops will let you play with different bows. Most superstores will not. Find a good bow shop and play a bit. Then shop the bow you choose. Regardless, welcome to bowhunting. It is addictive and a helluva lotta fun.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 PM

i just recently purchased a new bow. i went out and shot a ton of bows and with my style of hunting i decided to purchase a bowtech tribute. like you i could not or did not want to spend a ton of money. i went to the internet and used it as my tool. i found a like new used 07 on ebay and had excellent success with the purchase. the bow had over a 1000 into it and i bought it for half of that. i was looking on there the other day and i am suprised at the prices that the new bows and some used bows are going for.

so my sugestion is to shoot a lot of bows find the one youwant and use large buying tools like ebay to find one cheaper. or if youlike i will sell you mine and save you the trouble!!!