Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

looking for a bow

Old 03-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Spike

Default looking for a bow

im in the market for a new bow i dont want to spend over a grand.
what are your opinions on some to look at. how is bowtech/diamond iv herd some good things about them.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: looking for a bow

All of them, your buying it not us.Try as many as possible you can get a nice set-up for under a grand with any Mfg.
Mathews
PSE
Fred Bear
Martin
Hoyt
Just to name a few
Old 03-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Spike

so the maindifference between bows is realy the feel rather than performance correct?
Old 03-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hog man

so the maindifference between bows is realy the feel rather than performance correct?
The bow needs to fit you...you can get a bow that is outstanding in performance but what good is it if it dosnt feel good to hold and is uncomfertable to shootor for that matter you can get a bow that feels good but has poor performance...what you need to do is find a bow that feels good to hold,has a smooth draw and shoots just as well,that is why it is so important to try as many bows as possible because what works well for oneperson can be a piece of junk to another...
If the PSE X-Force fit me I would buy it because its a awsome bow but the grip dosnt fit me so it would be junk for me to buy because it would allways bother me to shoot,the Bowtec is the same way,awsome bow but dosnt feel good to hold.
Ive found two bows mfgthat I like 3being the mathews(outback,switchback,drenlin) and the other being the bear truth 2...I should add the older brownings were nice also.
Ive only owend 5 compound bows in 25 yrs so you could say Iam picky when it comes to my compound bows.....
Old 03-23-2008, 03:25 PM
N2D

Be prepared to spendmuch time in your search. Like Ranger said, you need to find the one that fits you right. You will know when that happens. There are so many good bows out there now. My advise is to take your time and shoot as many as possible. You can narrow it down to 3 or 4 and go from there. That's what Idid and finally made my decision last week. I will say though, as soon as I put the Allegiance in my hand I thought that was the bow for me. When I shot it I knew it was the bow for me.

Hope this helps.

Ed
Old 03-23-2008, 06:24 PM

It is so hard to shop for a bow nowadays because there are so many great bows out there to choose from. It is hard to pick just one. Just when you think you have it narrowed down, you try another one that really impressesyou as well. Like ranger said, you can't base it off what everyone else thinks. I've tried some bows that have received awesome reviews, but they just didn't feel good to me. Can't base it off the name on the bow either. You will find a bow that just feels good to you. With todays bows, it is really hard to make a bad choice. Just shoot as many as you can and you will know which is the best for you.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

I own a Diamond and like it.

I've not read anything bad about their line-up; at least, nothing with any foundation. They offer a good variety of styles, etc. I'd say they are out to get business, and don't have the attitude of some manufacturers whose attitude seems to be "these 3 or 4 bows are what we offer, period."
Old 03-24-2008, 02:12 PM

check out the parker line of bows, i just check out the Shooting Star and i was blown away.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:57 PM

Doesn't hurt to look around for sales either. One of the local shops around me is selling off their 07 line at pretty good prices. But like everyone else said shoot as many as you can. In the long run I think you will be happy you did take the time and not rush into it. Good luck in your search.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely shoot one before you buy it. I personally think reflex is the way to go, because they are economical and made by hoyt. I went and shot a reflex growler, hoytkatera and a bowtech guardian. I honestly felt the growler shot better than the other two (at least for me) I will admit that the other two seemed to be faster, but they all were putting it in the same place.I have a 3 year old reflex excursion and it is a great bow. My buddy wants to get into bows, so I am going to give him my old excursion since he doesn't have the money to get into the sport. Thus, I have to get another one for myself. I still need to shoot the reflexcharger, but it is hard to beat the growler package deal for $550 sight, rest, quiver.

Anyways, I'm just saying there are quality bows i.e. fred bear, diamond, reflex etc.. that are made by top manufacturers without the super high price tag. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.