Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

QAD rests

Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD rests

I'd like to play with a bow that is hard to tune to see what the problem is myself. I had a split limb single cam Bear that had centershot tuning issues even with a TM rest. Maybe I've just been lucky that the Allegiance tunes so well.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:15 AM

I've used theQAD Hunter rest ($50) on two bows, the original Bear Truth and now the Bear Truth 2. Not the fastest bows on the market, but still very fast. All I've ever used to tuneis a cheap center shot tool. Both bows were shooting bullet holes on the very first shot. I think that says something positive both about QAD rest and the Bear bows. They are solid products.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:29 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

I'd like to play with a bow that is hard to tune to see what the problem is myself. I had a split limb single cam Bear that had centershot tuning issues even with a TM rest. Maybe I've just been lucky that the Allegiance tunes so well.
From my experience, they seem to like binary cams. But then others said just the opposite. I know I like the features of the QAD much better than the ripcord. I can tell this ripcord is going to annoy me where if I let down on an animal, so is the rest. Where the QAD will not.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]
QAD Ultra user here. Love it. My first drop away. has been a flawless hunting rest.
[/blockquote]
Old 03-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

From my experience, they seem to like binary cams. But then others said just the opposite. I know I like the features of the QAD much better than the ripcord. I can tell this ripcord is going to annoy me where if I let down on an animal, so is the rest. Where the QAD will not.
The QAD's seem to like my binary cam so I'd agree with that. That's a shame that the QAD will not work for you. My buddy has a drop away with just the fork and I can't tell you how many times I've had to reposition the arrow for him when he goes to let down and it kicks off.