Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Broadheads

Old 03-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Spike

Default RE: Bow Broadheads

anyone used the sonic heads or the american broadhead buckmaster edition...bought some this season but never got around to using them
Old 03-09-2008, 06:22 AM

Used G5 Montecs last year 2 kills. They fly so straight. BUT, I can't sharpen them for anything. Went with a replaceable this year. Didn't kill anything though.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy of mine had been using Montecs but he said he kept losing deer. Now maybe he was not having good shot placement but he blamed it on bad penetration. He shot a good buck and there wasen't much of a bloodtrail and he lost the deer. But from what i've seen he is a pretty good shot, but of course that could change when a live deer is in front of him. So i'm not so sure about the Montecs.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Spike

Been using Montecs since they come out and have taken every animal that ID offers with it with no problems. Many good heads out there but they have to go in the right spot!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:41 AM

try the rage
Old 03-09-2008, 12:07 PM

German Kinetics Silverflame. If I can talk myself into it I'd like to try out these. It's the price tag that's making me hesitant.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

German Kinetics Silverflame. If I can talk myself into it I'd like to try out these. It's the price tag that's making me hesitant.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:19 PM

These are too pretty to actually shoot. I'dlike to have one for display purposes . . . .
Old 03-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

A buddy of mine had been using Montecs but he said he kept losing deer. Now maybe he was not having good shot placement but he blamed it on bad penetration. He shot a good buck and there wasen't much of a bloodtrail and he lost the deer. But from what i've seen he is a pretty good shot, but of course that could change when a live deer is in front of him. So i'm not so sure about the Montecs.
I shot a doe at 15 yards and hit the back shoulder No pass through. Unreal. I was so pissed. never found her. Holes just filled up and blood trail stopped shortly after I found the arrow. It was upsetting to say the least.
Needless to say, I snagged a pack of rages. gave one to my friend, and one to my girls brother. we went out and didnt get any shots, 2 days later I killed one. Right thourhg the back shoulder, 35 yards. almost identical placement. Arrow was lost, found it later 15 yards beyond the deer. the blood was unreal and the deer didnt make it far. It was much larger than the first much to my surprise.
A week later my buddy shot one at 47 (!!!?!?!) yards went through the heart and shattered the back shoulder, he is shooting 74 ft lbs of KE. but I was impressed, he apparently put the arrow about 1/5 inch in front of the heart, the one blade almost cut it in half.

Sticking with the rages.....

BTW I hear AMAZING things about the silver flames. they think of thier broadheads as a fine knife. not a disposable.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I am currently shooting 100 gr Thunderheads. They fly true and get the job done. I would like to try out the Rage mechanicals to see how they work. I have heard both the pros and cons to them.

Quick Reply: Bow Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.