Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Wisker Biscuit Question

Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 PM

Default RE: Wisker Biscuit Question

Yes! you will get busted eventually. I hunted with a biscuit for about 2 months but once I switched to a QAD HD i will never switch back. Biscuits are great for beginners beginners but you should grow out of them pretty quick. Just how I feel about them. If you can hear that sound...they can too...
Old 02-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem with my WB and what I ended up doing was put a little bit of gunoil around the inside of small circle and that seemed to fix the problem.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

noise isn't a big problem to deer. they may run a couple yards and then stop once they realise the danger is gone. the big concern is movement
Old 02-22-2008, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had the noise on my first WB and foudn out I had some grudge on the inside of the WB. I took it off and cleaned it it hot soapy water, the noise was still there slightly but alot better. My new one has a little noise as well but nothing to spook a deer. When i do draw on a deer i just slightly tip my finger up against the arrow on the drawuntill i come to full draw. no noise at all that way.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:08 PM

One way to cure the problem is to buy a Hostage, no noise at all and no fletching contact, yet very simple and fool proof for hunting.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard that the arrow falls off the Hostage real easily!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:50 AM

Dont believe everything you hear.....
Old 03-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

I just recently added a rest to my Hoyt viper. I wanted to put a WB on it, and saw the hostage. I went with the hostage, and love it. No contact with fletching and next to impossible for arrow to fall off rest. There are bristles at 2, 6, and 10 oclock to make sure arrow cant go left or right. My only problem with the hostage is that twice my adjustments have loosened up. I cranked them down and not sure why, but twice now in 150 arrows its unloosened.

I think the difference that counted with me was less resistance with arrow using the hostage. The fletchings have to go through bristles on WB.

My 2 cents
Old 03-09-2008, 06:01 AM

I have been using a WB for 2 yrs now. Last year I had the same noise issue. I just went out and got the next size larger biscuit. It did cut the noise a lot. I don't know if this is the result of the larger size, but, I now have what seems to be excessive wear at the bottom of the biscuit. Still works though. Don't know how long they are supposed to last.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:42 AM

dont get the wisker biscut

Quick Reply: Wisker Biscuit Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.