HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Any Ideas for the best quality Sting Suppressor/Custom String (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/233038-any-ideas-best-quality-sting-suppressor-custom-string.html)

Hoosier_Slayer 02-17-2008 06:37 PM

Any Ideas for the best quality Sting Suppressor/Custom String

I have a Hoyt Powertec with a 27.5' draw length at 70 lbs. I am looking into getting a string suppressor as well as a new custom string. Any suggestions on works the best reguarding the suppressor? And, what is a good/quality choice sting that I should go with? I'm looking forward to gaining a little more speed, and am open for any suggestions because I have a lot to learn.

davepjr71 02-18-2008 06:50 PM

RE: Any Ideas for the best quality Sting Suppressor/Custom String

I just put a Vapor Trail string on my bow and picked up the speed as advertised and then some. I was at 284 with a 420 gr arrow and am now at 291 after reinstalling the speed nocks. Furthermore, the string and cables are first rate in construction and they build and ship fast.

MeanV makes a very good custom suppressor or you can go with STS. There's also anotehr manufacturer that I've seen in BassPro.

Chasebaker 02-18-2008 06:54 PM

The newest Suppressor is the Stringtamer by Duravane!

Talk to Dan!

Kanga 02-18-2008 07:04 PM

MeanV CSS and Bucknasty (gibblet) string.

sngehl01 02-18-2008 08:47 PM

Well Derek, you know my STS is uncomfortable as could be, but I don't know what options you have in the way of front mounts, I'd say they'd all be pretty close to the same.

You'll find that most people here will recommend Gibblet's strings.

I don't know why your bothering anyway, you can't out shoot me (either handed) [8D]

just kidding little buddy, you've really been laying them in lately.

Hoosier_Slayer 02-18-2008 09:00 PM

Thanks for your replies. I look forward to getting this new string and the suppressor as soon as possible. And sngehl01, give me time man, just give me time!

sngehl01 02-20-2008 10:26 AM

lol tater, I do have a name you know

RLoving1 02-20-2008 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

MeanV CSS and Bucknasty (gibblet) string.
Fixing to post some pics on a new thread of both! Check it out,it's getting me prepared for a showdown!