Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 new bows for 08 what you got >

new bows for 08 what you got

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new bows for 08 what you got

Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new bows for 08 what you got

PSE X-Force is on its way and should be here this week
Old 02-26-2008, 05:43 PM

just got a new general in realtree apg, trophy taker xtrem fc, and tophy ridge 3 pin matrix sight. and a bowtech wild thing stablizer. it is pretty . Funny thing is I am still waiting for my eastons to come in the mail, so I cant shoot it yet[&o]
Old 02-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you guys shot the Bear Truth 2...

some people will disagree..but that is the Quietest bow I have ever shot!

I hate the Draw Cycles on the new PSEs

I havent' got to shoot the Bowtechs or Hoyts(pro-shops Range was out of electricity)

Mathews upset me..they didn't do anything special for me to buy!

I have a Forge coming in soon!! If its free what can you say!!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:54 PM

I have shot the Truth 2 and really like it. I also have the original Truth which I really like, but the second one is better. That was actually the top bow on my list, but I have a PSE X-Force on the way because I found a good deal. I'm just wondering whether I made the right decision. Wonder if I should have waited to get the Truth 2 just because it felt comfortable to me. Oh well, If I don't like the X-Force maybe I'll trade with someone or sell it to someone on here for a good price.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:22 PM

Join us on the dark side ANDshoot a DXT!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:12 PM

I bought an 82nd Airborne about a month ago. I shot a TON of new bows, and the 82nd just felt like the best all around bow to me. Great combination of performance, shootability, quietness and comfort.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cjohnson664

just got a new general in realtree apg, trophy taker xtrem fc, and tophy ridge 3 pin matrix sight. and a bowtech wild thing stablizer. it is pretty . Funny thing is I am still waiting for my eastons to come in the mail, so I cant shoot it yet[&o]
That stinks! I had been wanting to buy my hubby a new bow, the one he had was his first bow and he got it when he was fourteen or fifteen, last week I told him to shoot some bows and see what he thinks. Well he found one he wanted so I figured now is the best time to get it so he has plenty of time to shoot it before work picks up, and I am getting a new release out of the deal. He got the Martin fast cat or was it the Bengle?
I have a Bear Oddysey and it works fine for me, currently I am shooting 2 out of six bullseyes and will be doing a bit better once my release comes in. We put a drop away rest on it and I have been shooting fingers so my arrows come out a bit screwy, my release should be in some time next week.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

In 2007 I purchased a ross CR337 as my last bow was a darton mustang which i bought in 1993/1994. I said it bewill another 10-12 yrs before i purchase another bow unless its an xbow. Well for 2008 i bought an excalibur phoenix which will be used for target shooting until the time that NYS or NJ allows them to be used by anyone in either the general gun season ,archeryor a late season primitive weapons season.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:11 PM

JUst picked up the Marquis and this bow works great nice and quiet when you couple it with a Schaffer drop away rest. Fast to. Smooth draw!! I personaly shot the Xforce and thought that the Binary Cam system felt harsh, the Truth 2 really impressed me it was light ,quiet,smooth almost bought one.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to come in and correct myself, he got the firecat and not the fastcat, as you can tell I don't know a whole lot about bows, but understand that most care enough that I should correct this mistake.

Quick Reply: new bows for 08 what you got

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.