Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Need help deciding on string surpressor >

Need help deciding on string surpressor

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need help deciding on string surpressor

Old 02-11-2008, 08:52 PM

Default Need help deciding on string surpressor

I don't know how to make a poll on here but I'm trying to decide on a string surpressor for my new Black Ice. Which of these have the best durability and effectiveness?

A. STS

B. Duravane

C. Rattler

or

D. Other

Thanks in advance
Old 02-11-2008, 09:22 PM

Default RE: Need help deciding on string surpressor

I bought an SSS system from this website http://www.shawnsarchery.com/. I haven't had any problems with mine. I ordered the non offset type, which wasn't right for my bow, and they replaced it with the offsetfor me with no problem. I think it gives a morecustom look than theSTS system. I also bought thisonebefore I found the MeanV http://www.meanvarchery.exactwebsites.com/meanvcustomstringsuppressor.html. I probably would have bought this one if I new about it. It really looks nice too and at a good price. Fuse also has a pretty nice one out now too, but I don't know what their price is. Fuse is pretty proud of their stuff, so I think it might be more expensive.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:31 PM

There is only one way to go on this and that is the MeanV string suppressor. Get one in the camo of your bow, they are sweet. If you have Mossy Oak Breakup on your bow like I do, make sure you select the right camo pattern(the MOBU 3-D for an 07 Black Ice).
Old 02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Spike

I second the MeanV. Have one on my Black Ice and it works awesome.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 PM

Wow, not a lot of replies but thanks to those who did, MeanV it is!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 PM

I have the HD Gray version. The Mossy Oak looks pretty sweet too.... I've been researching Bowtech and is it just me or does the Black Ice look like a solo cam Tribute? I think that I am going to be removing the string leeches when I get the MeanV suppressor also and get the extra 7 fps, as if I needed it, lol
Old 02-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/norway-stringtamer-black-p-6862.html
http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/norway-stringtamer-junior-black-p-7407.html

I have one of these on my bow, forget which one but I think the bigger one, found it at a local shop. Works good and looks nice though the carbon rod based ones may be lighter. Doesn't seem like there is too muchto any of them, so I would pick the one that you like the look of the best. The one I have works great. Hope it helps.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 PM

Thanks, I don't know, I may go that route instead. If they sell it at a local archery pro shop then they may even let me try it out? I went to bow rattlers website and played their demo video and I was NOT impressed. I heard a loud slap when he fired it and it was a Black Ice, LOL. Probably would've been in their best interest not to show that video, lol
Old 02-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a picture of the MeanV2 string suppressor on my 2006 Allegiance. Let me tell you it's awesome, Dan is first class to do business with. He will treat you right. Here is his web site, give it a look.

www.meanvarchery.com

Old 02-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Guys!!

Dan

Quick Reply: Need help deciding on string surpressor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.