Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Getting back in..what bow? >

Getting back in..what bow?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Getting back in..what bow?

Old 02-15-2008, 01:48 PM

Default RE: Getting back in..what bow?

i recomend the tribute by bowtech you can get a 2007 model for around 500, itds extremly smooth and fast at about 300fps and thats not ibo, so i redcomend the tribute for its speed and bianary cam system with the new timing module and smooth draw, you wont have any timingproblems like you will with the truth or pse
Old 02-15-2008, 06:43 PM

I have a mathews outback i am trying to sell (in my signiture there is a link) but if not that then a Bear instinct is a great bow also.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Bear Element and like it.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Spike

I would consider the Reflex, great bows.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Spike

Shot the 32" Ridgeline yesterday. I was really impressed. Couldnt believe it. My local dealer only has Hoyt, Reflex and Matthews so Im going to look at Diamond before I buy. Something is gonna have to be real nice for me not to buy the Reflex.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Spike

The mathews drenalin is by far the best bow i have shot...I have shot many different bows and this one seems to be the quietest, most accurate bow..just my opinion...only problem is you will spend high dollar for this bow...it just depends on what you are looking for
Old 02-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Spike

I was just in your shoes until this week. Went to my local shop and shot the PSE Stinger, Bowtech TomKat and The Rock by Diamond. The Stinger was nice but heavy compared to the Tomkat and The Rock. Couldn't see holding a steady draw on a nice buck waiting to offer a good shot. I ended up with The Rock.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:53 PM

check out www.huntersfriend.com they have complete packages tuned and ready to hunt, it includes everything you could possibly need. Great source if you know what you want.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: luke/r

you also might want to look at the Diamond bows.
X2 The Diamond line is very good quality and are at a relatively good price.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:41 PM

Lots of good responses and lots of good bows to choose from. Most important: shoot as many bows as you can and then shoot them again. Most bows today are of high quality and the determining factor after that should be how it feels and shoots in your hands. I also agree that buying a used bow is a good way to go - think of it as a new vehicle: as soon as you drive it off the lot the value decreases significantly.....thus making a used bow purchase a good way to go.Good luck and welcome back.

Quick Reply: Getting back in..what bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.