Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ThermaCell

Old 02-16-2008, 09:32 PM

Default RE: ThermaCell

Good stuff
Old 02-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Anybody try the new cover scent packets for these? Do theey also keep the bugs off?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nksmfamjp

Anybody try the new cover scent packets for these? Do theey also keep the bugs off?
I think they are completely different, other than using the same unit (heater). If you want to keep bugs off and attract deer you probably need to carry one of each.

I love mine and don't think I have ever spooked any deer with it. I had a doe walk right under me last season with it on (I had to tamp my footto get her out from under there, where I could get a shot).
Old 02-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

ThermaCELL does work and does not spook any game. But there is what yea call a "NEW" kid on the block that I just saw at ATA show. It's called Scent King. Insect repellent lasts weeks not hours. No more buying fuel tanks of butane, runs on batteries and lastsa lot longerthan butane. Check it out at www.scentkingoutdoors.com

Check it out for yourself. More effective and cost less to operate. Scent King unit cost the same as a ThermaCELL.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ctwny1

ThermaCELL does work and does not spook any game. But there is what yea call a "NEW" kid on the block that I just saw at ATA show. It's called Scent King. Insect repellent lasts weeks not hours. No more buying fuel tanks of butane, runs on batteries and lastsa lot longerthan butane. Check it out at www.scentkingoutdoors.com

Check it out for yourself. More effective and cost less to operate. Scent King unit cost the same as a ThermaCELL.
Interesting product...thanks for the post. I'm glad to see the product can be effective when moving, something Theracell doesnt' (or at least they say that).

The questions I have looking at the website;

1) How much for the unit?

2) How much for the refills?

3) Does it give off a scent or make noise?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:42 AM

I agree with all these folks, here in SW Georgia the skeeters will carry you away, to hunt without one means you will donate a couple of pints of blood to those pesky insects! love mine.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Thermacell works as MeanV said. I used one last year while blackbear hunting. I'm glad I had it along and what surprised me the most is how quickly it started working once lit. You won't go wrong buying one of these. The only thing to consider is the unit needs to be operated in the horizontal position. Great product.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

I dont go hunting or fishing without my thermacell
Old 03-11-2008, 04:18 PM

I wouldnt leave home without mine. Ive also haddeer come in straight down wind and never detected that I was even around. AWESOME PRODUCT!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 AM

I got one for Christmas and am looking forward to using it. I had alot of trouble with insects last year so this will be a welcome improvement.

Quick Reply: ThermaCell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.