Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts >

Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts

Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 PM

Default RE: Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts

What the heck is all this? Why would sombody come here and start spouting all this. I have owned so may bows it is divorce.,i mean ridiculous and I love most to all the traits of each of them. If I learned one thing it is we all have things we like in our bows and love our bows. Technology has changed so much in the past few years that what use to be the best is now second best or maybe just second choice.. When I wanted to get a new bow I came here to get as many opinions on all the possibilities of new bows and ended up with an 10st Airborne. Couldnt be happier right now. Ive never had to deal with BowTech so I dont know what the C.S. is like. On the other hand I havent read anything here that says they are jerks to deal with. Point is we should be happy that there are these bow companies out there upping the Ante for thier market share. We usually end up with a better product and they try to keep ahead of the competion.Im sure none of them wants junk out there. Forums like this and word of mouth are very powerful in these circles and they wouldnt last long.Maybe he just had a bad experience with BowTech and couldnt resolve it. I hope its just that and not that he just wants to be one of those forum complainers to get everyone upset.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BluewaterHunter

I hope its just that and not that he just wants to be one of those forum complainers to get everyone upset.
Thinking the word you are looking for is forum trolls.....

and plural might be pushing it, the two of them seem to jump on the same threads, if there are really 'two' people......
Old 02-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Phade

I'm looking at the hoyt and bowtech line-ups, a few neat observations.

1. Never got to shoot a Bowtech. Will reserve opinion on it until then. The interesting part is, I drove out to the pro shop who carries them, and he was embarrased to say he had a General and 101 in stock.

The General looked nice, but we got to talking about requirements needed for it to be worked on via a press. I know none of the nearby shops (within 30 miles of where I hunt) would be able to work on it should a problem arise during hunting season. This shop was 25 miles west of where I live, but way out of range for hunting season.

AND THE BEST PART????

He didn't want to show me the 101st. That's really what I went in to shoot...He asked me to look at it, and figure out why he didn't want to show me it. He's had it since December, unsaleable...because...

Bowtech sent the 101st with 82nd limbs! His sales rep is being very slow with getting this remedied, and it's really aggrivating him.

However, both bows (minus the mishap) looked very nice, and seemed high quality. I really liked the new finish they are using. And, wow, I loved the light weight...coming from a hoyt shooter, they were real light.

Hoyt

I went to another shop, and was able to shoot several of the 07/08 models. The Katera is a pretty fast bow, although I am not overly concerned with speed, the difference in my old hoyt cam and a half was night and day. I found it challenging to shoot, and the draw was smooth but just challenging to shoot, possibly due to the bh, or short ATA for me.

However, I stepped up to the Katera XL with the same z3 cam, and it was still fast, but much more favorable to shoot. I liked the longer ATA.

They had a Vectrix XL from 07 new, and I really liked that. Vector cam...decent. Not as smooth as the z3, but very comfortable nonetheless.

I probably would have got the Vectrix XL right then and there, but didn't want to get it without giving the bowtechs a fair shake. Im a bit nervous about the customer service, when the shop can't get proper limbs on bows from the manufacturer. I am pretty disappointed because the bowtech dealers are so far out geographically that I have to make a huge effort to go shoot one.
There's a few things I see wrong with your dealer's comments.

To my knowledge, there is no special adapters required to work on a General so long as your press can press a parralel limb bow. Most of the hype about the General not being able to be broken down without a press is due to people ASSUMING that the General didn't require a press to work on them like the Guardian. The X-Force is the only bow that I am aware of that requires adapters to work on them.

A 101st Airborne with 82nd limbs is well an 82nd Airborne, they share the same riser.

Sounds like your dealer just doesn't like Bowtech and if thats the case he doesn't deserve to be a dealer.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOYT......HOYT..........HOYT........

I WONDER WHY I NEVER HEAR ANY LOVE FOR THE AVENGER....
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 PM

9860 why was it a waste. I've been thinking of getting a bowtech .
Old 02-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

ignore moose and jd, they are now gone. Let me know if they come back. One of moose's threads was deleted by a mod, jd says I see you deleted my thread. They are one and the same troll with a specific agenda and unwelcome in the forums. Having opinions is one thing, deliberate bashing of any company, particularly any sponsor is bad forum manners.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

I had to look again. Thought we were on AT with this thread. I had a Mathews for awhile but I like to experiment with different DL's so I finally sold the bow. Bought a Tribute, shoots great and still have it. But meanwhile I shot a Pearson Z32 and like it better than all of them. Smooth draw and plenty fast for my purposes. Have no idea what I will get next but one thing I do know, it won't be draw lenght specific. As much as these bows cost I want all the versitility I can get.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jd9860

I had a bowtech general the mathews is alot smoother bow so don't talk down to me. And as far as the money goes I paid mathews they did not pay me I'm sorry they the # 1selling bow get over it.
Well, I own both a Matthews and a Bowtech. They are somewhat different in design but neither is really different in quality, the Bowtech does have more value though with a higher quality factory string and adjustable draw length. I prefer the Bowtech but thats subjective as some would say the opposite. For someone to claim any of the top companies makes junk just shows lack of experience or a very narrow minded almost juvinile ( Ford vs Chevy ) type of mentality. Any of the top bows you seem to hate can provide more performance and accuracy than you will likely ever be able to provide. This site is not full of brand bashers and we would like to keep it that way, interpret that like you want[:'(]
Old 02-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I have owned a few different bows pse,bowtech,matthews,fred bear,ar and have shot alot of the 07's in my opinion they are all decent bows but technology has come so far in 5yrs these bows today are way faster and smoother today than 5yrs. ago I am not biased or stuck on one bow company like some,but I tried almost every 07 bow out there and you can LOL or whatever but the bear instinct and martin bengal impressed me for the money,but as far as getting a little farther up the poll the hoyt vectrix was sweet I liked the allegiance alot more even over the tribute the guardian was the best for less shock and noise at the shot it was 0 none but I didn't like the draw it was harsh to me but when I shot the PSE X FORCE HF6 I had a whole different opinion on what a bow could or couldn't do I had to purchase the x force it's the best shooting bow I have ever shot and I'm not bashing any bow company,but as far as the hoyt and the bowtech I would have chosen the ally,it was jus as smooth and quiet as the tribute but it actually felt better to me and it is 12 to 15per 2nd.faster than the tribute but I liked all of them but in different ways you will never know unless you go try em all or try to shoot most of em anyway,it all comes down to what feels good to the bowholder...........Ted
Old 02-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: hawgdawg

I had to look again. Thought we were on AT with this thread. I had a Mathews for awhile but I like to experiment with different DL's so I finally sold the bow. Bought a Tribute, shoots great and still have it. But meanwhile I shot a Pearson Z32 and like it better than all of them. Smooth draw and plenty fast for my purposes. Have no idea what I will get next but one thing I do know, it won't be draw lenght specific. As much as these bows cost I want all the versitility I can get.
Actually AT has gotten a lot better since a certain someone left. Or did he get banned? I don't remember anymore

Quick Reply: Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.