Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts >

Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts

Old 02-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts

I'm looking at the hoyt and bowtech line-ups, a few neat observations.

1. Never got to shoot a Bowtech. Will reserve opinion on it until then. The interesting part is, I drove out to the pro shop who carries them, and he was embarrased to say he had a General and 101 in stock.

The General looked nice, but we got to talking about requirements needed for it to be worked on via a press. I know none of the nearby shops (within 30 miles of where I hunt) would be able to work on it should a problem arise during hunting season. This shop was 25 miles west of where I live, but way out of range for hunting season.

AND THE BEST PART????

He didn't want to show me the 101st. That's really what I went in to shoot...He asked me to look at it, and figure out why he didn't want to show me it. He's had it since December, unsaleable...because...

Bowtech sent the 101st with 82nd limbs! His sales rep is being very slow with getting this remedied, and it's really aggrivating him.

However, both bows (minus the mishap) looked very nice, and seemed high quality. I really liked the new finish they are using. And, wow, I loved the light weight...coming from a hoyt shooter, they were real light.

Hoyt

I went to another shop, and was able to shoot several of the 07/08 models. The Katera is a pretty fast bow, although I am not overly concerned with speed, the difference in my old hoyt cam and a half was night and day. I found it challenging to shoot, and the draw was smooth but just challenging to shoot, possibly due to the bh, or short ATA for me.

However, I stepped up to the Katera XL with the same z3 cam, and it was still fast, but much more favorable to shoot. I liked the longer ATA.

They had a Vectrix XL from 07 new, and I really liked that. Vector cam...decent. Not as smooth as the z3, but very comfortable nonetheless.

I probably would have got the Vectrix XL right then and there, but didn't want to get it without giving the bowtechs a fair shake. Im a bit nervous about the customer service, when the shop can't get proper limbs on bows from the manufacturer. I am pretty disappointed because the bowtech dealers are so far out geographically that I have to make a huge effort to go shoot one.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts

What kind of a dealer doesn't have the 80.00 attachments for his press to work on parralell limb bows? Sounds like a real winner
Old 02-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

What kind of a dealer doesn't have the 80.00 attachments for his press to work on parralell limb bows? Sounds like a real winner
I don't think it is regarding parallel limbs in general, per say, but something else with how that bow is worked on specifically. Maybe the fact that it required the press, when early issue Generals came with the wording of not needing one?
Old 02-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

I was shopping for a bow last summer and really wanted a Hoyt Vetrex, shot one and really liked it. But then shot the Guardian, then the PSE, and a couple of other Bowtechs. To me the Guradian just felt the smoothest, had no recoil, and seemed the quietest. They all are good bows, just shoot them all and get the one that feels the best to you. I walked out with a Guradian and have been very happy with it.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Phade,

What dealer is this?
Old 02-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tuco

I was shopping for a bow last summer and really wanted a Hoyt Vetrex, shot one and really liked it. But then shot the Guardian, then the PSE, and a couple of other Bowtechs. To me the Guradian just felt the smoothest, had no recoil, and seemed the quietest. They all are good bows, just shoot them all and get the one that feels the best to you. I walked out with a Guradian and have been very happy with it.

Tuco, The Guardian is just Flat out Fun to shoot! Isn't it!

Dan
Old 02-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Phade,

What dealer is this?
I won't post the name of it publicly, obviously because it's not my business. However, PM me, and I'll give you the info. Why do you need it? They owner even gave me the rep name for bowtech.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Phade

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Phade,

What dealer is this?
I won't post the name of it publicly, obviously because it's not my business. However, PM me, and I'll give you the info. Why do you need it? They owner even gave me the rep name for bowtech.

PM sent.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM

i went shopping for a new bow this summer and shot a bowtech and a hoyt. i left with the hoyt vectrix and i love it. it might be a little heavier but its a tough bow for hunting
Old 02-06-2008, 04:51 PM

I shoot a mathews DXT but my second choice would be a hoyt. I had a bowtech that was a waist of money.

Quick Reply: Went shopping for bowtech/hoyts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.