Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pendulum Sights

Old 01-30-2008, 06:10 PM

Default Pendulum Sights

Are these things worth a darn? In theory, a pendulum sight should work well for me. I pretty much sit at roughly the same height when I hunt and my max shooting distance is 25 yds. What's the good and bad about 'em? I don't hear much about them and there maybe a good reason for that.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:29 PM

Default RE: Pendulum Sights

i think the pendulum sight is good but some times if you rush makeing an ajsment you **** to high or low happened to me before
Old 01-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

I've heard good things about them. I only issue i've come across in reviews is that they are noisier than regular sights. I'm going to pick one up for next season. I already have a slider sight and like it, so i believe the Truglo pendulum/slider is the one i'm going to get. Good luck.

Zach
Old 01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Moving parts on a sight mean possible noise or freezing in place when it gets cold and wet. If your maximum distance is 25 yards you could set a single pin for about 23 yards and shoot anything out to about 27 yards just holding mid body. It's simple and makes for a nice clean sight picture. Pretty much nothing to go wrong.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Keller pendulum and have for years. They are great for people who only hunt out of tree stands such as myself. I have found them be very accurate and killed several deer with one on my bow including 2 this past season. Only negative thing about them is that they are noiser then a regular sight, but it's really never been a problem for me. The ones today are a whole lot quieter then the ones that first came out too.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:36 AM
Typical Buck

Just put a Vital Bow Gear Camelback Pendulum on my Guardian, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, been too busy and too cold. I used a Keller for years and it was a good sight, the went to a TrophyRidge because of my aging eyes I needed a fiber optic sight. It was OK, to big and it was the V-drive which I didn't really need. This year I went with a fixed pin, but was always whishing I had a pendulum. So after seeing a Vital Bow Gear fixed sight in a shop, I really liked their pins, I ordered a Camelback. Very bright pin, but not too bright, simple design, seems quiet by tapping on it. Will do a review after I get some pics and shooting time.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:50 AM

I had a Keller pendulum sight on my old PSE and loved the fact that I didn't have to copensate for arrow trajectory. It worked well for me. (definitly noiser ) I now have a new Mathews, The new bow is so much faster than the old PSE and I find that it hits only a few inches off from where I aim. I took a deer this year from my stand at a height of 30 feet, the deer was 12 yards out and it was a perfect hit. So yes I did love the pendulum sight on my older slower bow but on the new bow I find I just didn't need it. By the way Welcome to the forumyoungbuck15 you will findthe info on here to be very helpfull to a young hunter. Beeeeeezeeeer! (inside joke)
Old 01-31-2008, 05:10 PM

To be honest, I tried to get away from a pendulum and had problems doing it. I am currently shooting a Savage Pendulum and it isthe quitest I have evershot and I have shot a few of them.You actually sight it in at 20 yards on the ground and you are good to go. I would definitely check into that one.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

I have a savage, and love it. I cannot say enough good things about it. I won't argue with the noise/moving part idea, but I have never once had an issue on noise.

I did, after shooting one buck, break the pin off while trailing it on a branch, but again, that was my fault. I called Savage, and I told them that I needed to order a new pin, and to see if they could 2-3 dayship it.

Guess what?!!!

They said...."Just pay for the 2-3 dayshipping, and we won't charge you for the pin." I looked at the postage paid on the package when it came in, and it was to the penny of what I was charged (USPS). Their customer service is insanely good.

In three seasons of using the sight, I have take 3 bucks and 5 does with it.

The real key is learning where your drop off is yardage-wise...and that will be based off your bow set-up. My Savage is good to right about 30 yards, and I've taken one shot at that distance. Past that, it's accuracy drops in the stand, and that keeps me from even thinking about thinking of taking a shot.

One thing I do like is that while on even ground, it is dead on for 20 yards. I took a doe while walking into my stand, and with some of the other pendulums you have to make an adjustment to be on the ground. This one...no problem.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

they are nosier. i have the tru glo pendulum slider. it shoots well out to 32 yards in pendulum mode. I factory ordered it with a .019 tritium pin as the standard is that big honker .040 pin which is way to big for me.

Quick Reply: Pendulum Sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.