Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 PSE X-Force opinons/feedback >

PSE X-Force opinons/feedback

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PSE X-Force opinons/feedback

Old 01-26-2008, 10:04 PM

Default PSE X-Force opinons/feedback

Been shopping around for a new bow the last month or so, finally got to a shop that had the PSE X-Force HF

One of the better feeling bows that I have shot, but the 6" brace height does give me pause, not sure if I am up to a bow that may or no may not be forgiving in that department.

Anyone out there have this bow, or have owned it? or even know people that have it.

Good? Bad? Indifferent? Any problems with it? bad finish, exploding limbs, it attracts bees in the winter? whatever, just looking for any feedback.......

I know there are alot of people out there that like the bowtechs/mathews/hoyt, (I have shot all of these and more) but I see little on the PSE and outside of the Bowtech General, this is one of the nicer feeling bows I have looked at (shot).
Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PSE X-Force opinons/feedback

Its a fast bow,if I were to get a bow just for 3-D shooting that would be the one I would go for but the PSE dosnt fit me(grip)so I would have to modify the riser,,,,But other then that it is a nice bow and FAST...The 6" BH would or could be a problem to a new shooter...
Old 01-27-2008, 08:14 AM

im in the same boat as Wiaxle, dont really know if a pse is for me due to the harshness of the draw and the possibility of it not being forgiving, but the people who actually shoot them say its unbelievable how fast and hard they hit.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM

well, I didn't find the draw harsh at all, except for a little vibration after the shot, but the guy at the shop put a sts type dampener on it, and after that it shot and felt pretty dang good (best of the nite actually, better than the katera they had there, and better than the DXT I shot 30 minutes earlier)

But I am concerned with how well it will shoot once it is set up for me, and it is paid for .......had my current bow for about 7 years, would like the next one to last that long......
Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

It's a nice bow for sure, you might consider the 7" brace height model, it'll still be smokin' fast but more forgiving.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:57 PM

i just got mine last week and was shooting it all weekend and i love it. i'd give it a 9.5/10 the draw cycle is nothing couldent tell the diffrence from the other bows. the only reason i gave it a 9.5 is it does have vibration after you shoot but just put a damper on it and its fine. let me tell you this thing screams, if you have a block target the arrow will all most go right threw it. i sighted mine inat 20 yds went to 30 no diffrence not a even acm in arrow drop and 40 pin right under neith 20/30 pin....love it!

P.S.- don't get the 7'' brace its a peice
Old 02-05-2008, 01:52 PM

THE X FORCE WAS IN MY TOP 3 BOWS FOR 2007, I REALLY LIKED IT. THE DRAW CYCLE IS SORTA HARSH THOUGH. AFTER 30-40 SHOTS, I DIDN'T NOTICE IT ANY MORE.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: Wiaxle

Been shopping around for a new bow the last month or so, finally got to a shop that had the PSE X-Force HF

One of the better feeling bows that I have shot, but the 6" brace height does give me pause, not sure if I am up to a bow that may or no may not be forgiving in that department.

Anyone out there have this bow, or have owned it? or even know people that have it.

Good? Bad? Indifferent? Any problems with it? bad finish, exploding limbs, it attracts bees in the winter? whatever, just looking for any feedback.......

I know there are alot of people out there that like the bowtechs/mathews/hoyt, (I have shot all of these and more) but I see little on the PSE and outside of the Bowtech General, this is one of the nicer feeling bows I have looked at (shot).

I shot the x-force hf 6in.about 5 months ago and i just purchased it should have it by fri. the hf6 is the only x-force that i have shot and absolutely fell in love with the bow it's a shooter,I've had alot of top end bows and this is the best feeling and shooting bow I've ever shot,if you go to PSE FORUMS and go to the archery discussion you will see that most of them prefer the hf6 over the others,but it is your prefferance go shoot some more of the x-force's if you can find a shop that has a few different one's I don't think you will be dissapointed with the one you tried though,I only shoot a 28in. draw and with a 410gr. arrow I would have to say it will be real close to 300fps. and accurate.......Ted