Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

QAD ultra rest hunter

Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default QAD ultra rest hunter

Does anybody use this rest? What do you like about it and do you dislike anything about it. I am wanting to get a drop away for the new bow i'm getting this summer and this looks pretty good for the price. Thanks for any input.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD ultra rest hunter

ttt
Old 01-22-2008, 06:01 PM

I got one last month. Like it so well I'm getting another one for my backup bow. I had my 05 Protec tuned perfectly with the Whisker Biscuit. Took measurements on how far away the center of the arrow was from both the bottom and side of the shelf.

After installing the QAD Ultra, I adjusted the new rest to these same measurements. The bow was hitting only 1/2" low at 20 yards and still perfectly tuned!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 PM

I got one a week ago I am thrilled with it I don t see how it could be any better. I tried 7 or 8 before this one and found fault with everyone.That company picked the right name.I don t see how you could be unhappy with this one.Theres alot of junk out there this is not that.I did the lipstick test found no vane contact no matter which way i turned the vanes at about 280 fps
Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the feedback. I've heard nothing but good things about this rest so i think i will give it a try.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 PM

I have been shooting one now for about 6 months or so. I think it is a great rest. The only problem I had was fletching contact whenI was using 4"vanesbut I switched to blazers and it took care of that problem.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been looking into that rest as well.
Looks very good and I love the full containment component. The best of both worlds.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 AM

I have been using one for a few months now and absolutely love it!! I was using a Whisker Biscuit previously, and really liked that. But after shooting the QAD, my groups were a lot better and no more fletching damage. Well, almost no fletching damage. Now my groups are so tight that I'm stacking arrows on top of eachother. I shoot with 4" vanes with no problem. I was considering trying Blazer vanes, but have heard of a lot of contact issues with the topcontainment arm. Does anyone have this problem with the Blazers?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:16 AM

me and my hunting buddy shot the hd version all 2007 season. we love it. no contact problems. easy to tune. well made. no cheap plastice. they even give you an extra luncher. but my advice is to shop around. they retail $135 range, but we both got ours at a local pro shop for about $115. best rest i've ever used.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

just had the proshop order me one...

Quick Reply: QAD ultra rest hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.