Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new bow

Old 01-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default new bow

hey everybody i am thinking of updating my bow i have a jennings buckmaster bow, which is a little long for stand hunting compared to the new bows. my local bow shop offers the bear truth 2 loaded with drop away rest for $599 i think. the new mathews for 599 bare bow and the new limbsaver is supposed to be coming out in the next couple of months here. what do you all think about these options and does anyone know how much the new limbsaver will be. I plan on going to sportsman warehouse and shooting the bows they have, however they dont carry alot. thanks chris
Old 01-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new bow

Chris, of the ones you've listed, I'd probably go with the Mathews. Not saying that the other bows are not going to be good bows, but Mathew's typically and historically hold their resale value better. I think the Limbsaver bow's MSRP is higher than those in store prices you've listed for the Bear and Mathews, but the MSRP on those two bows is higher as well. I've heard $749 for the Dead Zone, but your guess us as good as anyone else's at to what you'll find it for when it is finally on the shelves.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Have you looked at Mission Bows. You get Matthews quality with lower price.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the input so far guys also what would you all say would be the quietest and smoothest drawing for around 5-600 dollar range or less money. Thanks guys chris
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

I just got back from sportsman warehouse I shot the bear truth 2 and the diamond black ice. I think I like the diamond better does anyone have a history with the diamond black ice and is it good or bad

chris
Old 01-22-2008, 10:46 AM

black ice is nice... I chose a Ross over it though...