Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Considering a fallaway, which one?? >

Considering a fallaway, which one??

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Considering a fallaway, which one??

Old 01-18-2008, 07:00 AM

Default Considering a fallaway, which one??

thinking about dumping my biscuit for target shooting and going to a fallaway... I hear lots about the QAD and the Ripcord... what about the kazaway, are there some others worth looking at??? I'd like to stick with something that has some containment, though I reckon that if it is gonna be target only for now its not a requirement... but if i really like it I may get one for hunting as well...

sounds like I need some more bows... two hunters and a target rig... hmmmmm
Old 01-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Considering a fallaway, which one??

IMHO the Trophy Taker X-treme FC is the one to have. Full containment, extremely rugged,and as quiet as you could make a fall away.I used one all last year and I will, with out a doubt, be using another one this year.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:11 AM

i'm a trophy ridge dropzone guy , has worked really well for me on all my bows but with containment my buddy uses trophy taker and it worked out real well for him..
Old 01-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

another vote for the dropzone
Old 01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

one more for Dropzone
Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 AM

if your bow is really fast(310+) some of the prong type fallaway rests are'nt fast enough to clear the fletching.I just bought an Elite Envy (70lb) that I had initially set up with a Ripcord containment rest(terrific idea). I was having trouble stabilizing one arrow to the next -- there are no timing issues with the binary cams so I looked everything over and found streaks on the fletchings (4" AAE) and marks on the rest prongs.The bow is cranking 329fps and the restwas getting caught -- the solution was my trusty Trophy Ridge drop away--- problem solved.Maybe adiffernt style offallaway would work but in this case TR is the answer,I'll just have to buy another bow seeing as how I have this spare rest now.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
bigcountry

I just bought my second QAD ultra LD HD, and can't say enough about the good things about it. I have tried the ripcord, limbdriver, and MZE's, and like this rest the best. I suggest you buy them all, and try em. I just returned the ones I don't like.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:17 PM

I have no problems with the rip cord the past three years. Easy to adjust and tune plus keeps your arrow on with great containment.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have sold and setup all the rests mentioned above. I prefer the Limb Drivers because they are easy to setup, easy to tune, no timing issues, and no resulting clearance problems.

Dan
Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 PM

hmmmmm... sounds like the dropzone might be worth lookin at for target... maybe a QAD or Extreme FC for hunting and work on getting a new bow to rig out for target/3d

Quick Reply: Considering a fallaway, which one??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.