Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY. >

the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: the BEAR TRUTH... Dont BUY.

I actually just got the Truth bow for christmas from my g/f (and she goes turkey hunting with me, helps butcher deer, and she is pretty easy on the eyes haha) and so far i have loved it. At the bow shop my first arrow hit the x ring and the second one split the nock on the first arrow. I'm a law student so i haven't had a ton of time to shoot it but so far i think its a great bow for the money. Although buying a brand new bow and have it turn out defective is disheartening, i still think its a good bow, unfortunately you got a lemon. My older half brother bought a brand new matthews a couple years ago and for no good reason the string jumped off the cam after a shot and wedged itself between the cam and the riser and put a crack right down the middle of it. The point being that stuff happens, no matter what the make and model of the bow, either way i hope you have better luck with the new bow and happy hunting!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Have a Truth and had the same problem. Got new strings and same thing happened again.
Wasn't a sharp object or anything like that, the problem was that the string was a little too
largesothe cam pinched the string. The channel in the cam for the string was too narrow.
What it was actually doing was pinching the string and spreading apart the serving until it broke.
I finally fixed it by using a different cam module(instead of using the 30 inch module and taking
back a half inch, I used a 29 and added a half inch) and reserving around the camwith some good quality serving
material and putting it on real tight. At least I hope its fixed. I was real disappointed too and still am as the
bow is definitely "tarnished" in my eyes as it took a while to straighten out.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand the frustration, but Bear actually makes good quality bows. When I was shopping for a new bow late last year, I tried a whole lot of bows. Some "great" bows were disappointing. In some cases, I know it was THAT bow, not the line. Don't base a manufacturers line on one bow.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nyorange

Have a Truth and had the same problem. Got new strings and same thing happened again.
Wasn't a sharp object or anything like that, the problem was that the string was a little too
largesothe cam pinched the string. The channel in the cam for the string was too narrow.
What it was actually doing was pinching the string and spreading apart the serving until it broke.
I finally fixed it by using a different cam module(instead of using the 30 inch module and taking
back a half inch, I used a 29 and added a half inch) and reserving around the camwith some good quality serving
material and putting it on real tight. At least I hope its fixed. I was real disappointed too and still am as the
bow is definitely "tarnished" in my eyes as it took a while to straighten out.
If you take the draw mod off you don't need a press to take it off and take a dremel tool and polish it to where it just opens it up a little more,I polished mine plus had the string reserved with a smaller serving,NO MORE ISSUE'S the string is made of good material 452 and 8125.........Ted
Old 01-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just at the sport shop and looked at 4 differant bows and when I p/u the 08Truth it felt really nice the grip andthe draw were nice...Iam a Mathews shooter and if I would go and buy another bow I beleave the Truth would be the one I would pick.....
I was really surprised how nice it felt and drew.....And yes I liked it better then the X-force also but have to say the X-force sure spits them arrows out there fast....
For now my Drenlin is all I need....

Reason for edit........I have grip Issues with alot of other bows and the Truth fit the hand better.Just needed to clerify that...Ihave a open grip(fingers out thumb out)the only time my fingers even go around the grip on a bow is when Iam carring it..
Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Spike

I also own the Truth and I love it. I started with the Instinct and had similar problems with fraying strings and cables. Bear Customer Service replaced most everything on the bow but it was never right. Instead of losing a customer, they took back the Instinct and upgraded me to a Truth, no questions asked. I love the bow!!

The strings they had on last year were junk, though. I out on Giblet strings and cables, along with a STS, and it shoots great.

MAck34
Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

where did you buy your gibblets strings,and how much are they.I was gonna pick up a set from mike's if any one is familiar with em..........Ted
Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Spike

Ted,

You can get a hold of Giblet through this site by doing a search or google Bucknasty strings. The cost is very competive, you can pick whatever color you want, and the quality is outstanding. I used the Bear strings and my peep sight was constantly moving on me. Incredibly frustrating. Since I changed to the Bucknasty Strings, I've put over 500 shots on it and it has not budged!!

Mack34
Old 01-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

OK Mack,I've heard of bucknasty strings I will check it out,Thanks,Ted..............