Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

spot hogg

Old 01-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default spot hogg

Just looking for some opinions. I have an '06 Diamond Justice set at 63 lbs with a 29" DL, it shoots my GT xt hunters at 245fps. The bow is about ten months old and I love it, it's not a speed demon but the cam on this bow makes it a pleasure to shoot. I'm looking to replace my true glo sight with a spot hogg and I would like to hear from others who have one. I've started wearing bi-focals a couple of years ago and I'm having trouble focusing my targets and pins. For some reason different color pins don't line up well vertically and I'm hoping that the vertical alingment wire on the hogg will help with this problem. I also had to change the .029 pins with .019 pins because the larger pins seemed fuzzy.
OK, with all that said I "think" that I want the spot-hogg real deal. I have heard some saying that the .019 pins are too dim in low light conditions. I know that this is an arbitrary question but in all reality how dim are they?Are the pin wraps necessary, I'm concerned that they will be too bright and be blurry during the day. Also, what size housing should I get for my setup, the 2" or the 2 3/8"?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:52 PM

Default RE: spot hogg

I have the Spot Hogg on my 05 Hoyt Protec, and really like it. There is a little blue LED light made for this sight that, if your state regs allow, will really enhance the illumination of the dots under less than ieal ideal light conditions.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:01 PM

I just got the Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-it with .019 pins and i am in the process of adding the wrap to it. Without the wrap the pins are a little dull. With the wrap is where this sight really shines. I will do a review when i get the sight set up and running. But you can't go wrong with Spot Hogg.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get the Wrap, you won't be Sorry!

Dan
Old 01-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
Dan,
I've never heard you steer anyon wrong so i'm going to BPS in orlando in order to pick up a Hunter Hogg-Itt with .019 pins and wraps. .........Thanks,,,,,Mike
Old 01-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
Dan,
I've never heard you steer anyon wrong so i'm going to BPS in orlando in order to pick up a Hunter Hogg-Itt with .019 pins and wraps. .........Thanks,,,,,Mike
I think that's the best multi pin sight made. You'll Love it!

Dan