Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Limb Driver Vapor Trail

Old 01-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limb Driver Vapor Trail

Actually, a rest I like even better than the Limbdriver is the Plainsman™ because it has a hook that contains the arrow and keeps it from falling off the shelf.

They're just a little harder to come by.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a 101 and was struggling with a rest. Started with the WB and just didn't like the tuning. Move one allen screw and the whole assemble moves not to mention something that wears and touches the arrow. Might be the best for some, just not for me. Went to the TT FC and this was not fast enough to get out of the way of the arrow. Next was the limb driver this weekend. The rubber on the rest didn't last long but the installation was incorrect. Go to a professional and not the large outdoor stores. I spent some time adjusting the spring tension and pulling the cord tight and now it is ok. I am still hitting the rest 1 out of 5 times. Without any mole skin, you can see a small smear on the tip when it hits, but it is not enough to causing tuning problems. Keeping the rest high to the center of the bow helped also. I think that the muzzy 0 has the best design between the 2 since the string cannot stretch at such a quick force and it wouldn't hit any shelf. This that being said, I think that I have my rest until muzzy has one for the 101s.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 AM

Mean V2 where did you get the arrow holder that is in that picture in post 17 on this thread. Ihave looked for one, but can't find them. i too am having trouble getting an arrow guide that will stick on my shelf 07 alley
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: String Burn

Mean V2 where did you get the arrow holder that is in that picture in post 17 on this thread. Ihave looked for one, but can't find them. i too am having trouble getting an arrow guide that will stick on my shelf 07 alley
I have them just shoot me a PM.

Dan
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

If you are using a limb driver and are still having contact issues with your fletching then the rest is not set up correctly.

The mechanics of the rest ensures that the launcher is fully out of the way when the fletching passes it. This is one of the reasons the LD is so consistent for so many people.
Fletching contact normally means that your nock point and launcher position (when up) is too low OR your launcher does not lay flat enough on the arrow shelf.....or both.

While there are a bunch of people that say that the arrow should be in the center of the berger button, I have found that in many cases in order to get proper clearance you have to set your nock point and launcher height so that the bottom of the arrow shaft is in the upper 1/3 of the berger button. This will give you about 1/4" extra clearance over the arrow shelf and rest and have a neglegable effect on speed or arrow flight.

Additionally I set my LD so that the launcher arm lays absoloutely flat on the arrow shelf. If your launcher contacts the edge of the shelf and sits at an angle when the cord is tight then you may be asking for contact issues. Raise the rest a bit so the launcher can lay flat on the shelf and adjust the stops on the rest to use the launcher angle to set your arrow height.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:11 PM

what is the berger button

Old 03-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: String Burn

what is the berger button
The hole the arrow rest bolts to used to be commonly referred to as the berger button hole.

Dan
Old 03-21-2008, 12:16 PM

ok that's what i thought
Old 03-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Actually, a rest I like even better than the Limbdriver is the Plainsman™ because it has a hook that contains the arrow and keeps it from falling off the shelf.

They're just a little harder to come by.
Do you have a picture of the rest?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have gone through a few itterations with rests on both of my bows (Vectrix and Black Ice). The first rest I had on the Hoyt was a wreck, big time. Contact, contact and more contact. So I tried a LimbDriver based on its reveiws. Problem solved. I have shot the wheels off that bow, not a single issue with the Limb Driver. Then came the Ice.I got acompletely different rest for that bow (I wanted micro adjustability).Yet another wreck. So I ordered another Limb Driver. I put it on the Ice today. Problemsolved. I'm sold. The Limb Driver is the best rest I have ever had my hands on!!

Quick Reply: Limb Driver Vapor Trail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.