Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2" quickspin vanes

Old 01-12-2008, 02:56 PM

Default 2" quickspin vanes

anyone use the quickspin vanes? Do they really do what they say they will? How about 2" quickspin compared to regular 2" blazers any difference?
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 AM

Default RE: 2" quickspin vanes

I shoot them on Gold Tip Ultralight 400's and love 'em. They definitely stabilize, and have no ill effects on my 100 gr. Slick Trick Mags.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

The new QS Speed Hunter ST's are super tough and I feel like they stabilize an arrow slightlyquicker/better than the Blazers. Only down side is they are a little pricey. I do stock both in several colors

Dan
Old 01-14-2008, 07:01 PM

Pricey or not.... One of the best plastic fletchings on the market...... This may sound dumb, but my father asked this question.... "What do they fly like thru a whisker biscuit?" I could not answer.... I told him I wouldn't advise it due to the cupped fletching.... but who knows..... Anyone try it? It never hurts to ask. He saw the performance out of my bow, and liked 'em. He has a biscuit, I shoot a ripcord....
Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot them a couple of years ago through my WB... The field tips seemed to fly good, but the broadheads didn't stabilze very well. I switched to blazer vanes and didn't have the same issue...
Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot the 2" Quick Spins thru a WB and have no trouble at all. Aroows fly true all the time, and I does not seem to damage the fletching any.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 AM

I have used both the quickspin and the quickspin st I thats a four inch. I much prefer the new ST's over the original the are much more durable. They dont get wavie on you like the originals and hold together much better.If your sighted in with the originals the st's at least in my bow doesnt make a bit of difference and they also seem to stabilize much quicker.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:47 AM

From my experience I dont think there anything special. They look really nice, but not worth for me again.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just another headsup - NAP is releasing a new 2" vane for this year called the Twister. It's basically the same as the Quikspin 2" Speed Hunter, minus the "kicker". It will be made of the same ST material, have the micro grooves on one side, and be priced lower than the Quikspins. So if price is your biggest concern, this may be a viable option for this year.

I personally shoot 3 1/8" Quikspins and love them, although I will more than likely try both the Speed Hunters and Twisters this summer.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Just another headsup - NAP is releasing a new 2" vane for this year called the Twister. It's basically the same as the Quikspin 2" Speed Hunter, minus the "kicker". It will be made of the same ST material, have the micro grooves on one side, and be priced lower than the Quikspins. So if price is your biggest concern, this may be a viable option for this year.

I personally shoot 3 1/8" Quikspins and love them, although I will more than likely try both the Speed Hunters and Twisters this summer.
Justin, I've shot the 3 1/8", Speedhunters, and Speedhunter ST's I liked the Speedhunter ST's the best and if I didn't love my Razr feathers they would be my vane of choice. I haven't shot the Twisters but doubt there would be a noticeable difference between them and the other Blazer/Blazer style vanes

Dan

Quick Reply: 2" quickspin vanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.