Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Sportsman's Warehouse Bow's??? >

Sportsman's Warehouse Bow's???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sportsman's Warehouse Bow's???

Old 01-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sportsman's Warehouse Bow's???

Was looking around in a new Sportsman's Warehouse the other day and noticed they had their own brand of bows. Said they were made by Bowtech and one looked very similar to the older Bowtech Patriot. Anyone have any experience with these bows?
Old 01-09-2008, 06:52 PM

Default RE: Sportsman's Warehouse Bow's???

The Sportsman's Warehouse bows are in fact made by Bowtech.

The Vital Impact is designed almost identically to the original Tomkat, back in the days when it was still a single cam.

The Patriot II is a lot like the original Patriot, but not quite as nice to shoot.

The Nitrous is nearly identical to the Marquis, sans the rollergaurd and string stop. It also has different cut-outs in the riser, but the shoot very close to one another. The Nitrous is a tad smoother to draw, but the Marquis is heads above it in the speed department.

The Vital Impact, if you're on a budget, is an awesome little bow for the money ($459.99). I bought one for a friend of mine for his birthday this past summer and I had him out shooting 80 yards with me by early July. Come hunting season he was grouping his broadheads in the size of a cantelope at 60 yards. Not bad for a kid who just started shooting this summer. It comes as a package with a cheaper Tru-Glo site, Hostage or Whisker Biscuit rest, and a wrist sling.

The Patriot II has recently dropped in price, but in all honesty it isn't worth the money they're asking. If I remember right it dropped down to $549, but don't quote me on it. They sell it as a bare bow, and you can do much better in a different brand for the money.

Depending on what you're looking for out of a bow, The Nitrous may very well be worth the $699 price tag, however I have a feeling it will be overlooked this year because consumers can buy the Marquis for the same price. As I said previously, the Nitrous is definitely a smoother drawing bow, but if you're looking for speed you're not going to find it with a decent weight (400+ grain) arrow.

That the information you were looking for? I worked for Sportsman's Warehouse for quite awhile and had a chance to shoot these bows extensively, so if you'd like any more information, don't hesitate to ask.