Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

First Bow, PSE Nova SU?

Old 01-05-2008, 04:34 PM

Default First Bow, PSE Nova SU?

So I'm buying my first bow pretty soon and Im thinking of buying a PSE nova SU, does anyone have any opinions about this bow? I have the intention to use this bow to hunt with (most likely deer, maybe elk or moose) for a couple seasons then shell out the money and buy a higher end bow.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:07 PM

Default RE: First Bow, PSE Nova SU?

Just my opinion here......but I had a buddie go the same route with the PSE "starter Bow" and he wished he didn't and if you are going to spend money later on down the road just go ahead now and get what you want because these new bows (HOYT, Mathews, and Bowtech....my top 3, in no particular order) are making some great bows for this year and you will be happier with one of these rather than the PSE. Just my thoughts.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

If you are on a limited budget you really owe it to YOURSELF togive the new Bear line a really good look. Very, very fair prices and some really impressive bows. http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/bows/compound/The lights out is a really cool looking bow, and a great deal. These new bear bows are head and shoulders above the old ones, check em out!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:07 PM

Nice I'm going to have to see if I can find a store that deal fred bear.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Spike

PSE are good bows. A Nova will kill just as many deer as any other bow. But here is the kicker. When you get your first bow and become addicted as we all do,your going to start shooting other bows and are going to ask yourself why you didn't shoot as many as you could and spend a little extra to buy the one you really like. And when you do find that bow you really like, trust me you will do what it takes to get it. Thats what happened to me anyway. If money is a real issue, just try out the bows in your price range only. Have fun with it, I love trying out new bows every year.