Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Sent-Lok Law suit/US Patent rejection >

Sent-Lok Law suit/US Patent rejection

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sent-Lok Law suit/US Patent rejection

Old 01-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sent-Lok Law suit/US Patent rejection

I realize I am opening a can or worms by posting this but thought I would share what I found regarding the sent-locking clothing that has become so popular. Here is a link that describes what independent research has uncovered of this so called technology.

It explains that sent loc patent was rejected recently and that many, many outfitters are now named as defendants in a law suit claming that sent locking garments do not work as advertised. This link explains it all…

http://trmichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.htm I was a believer in the stuff until recently when I stared looking for more information as to how it worked. I found this above website and I now say I have to agree with what it alleges. You can even view the online court records if you wish.

I do take sent precautions while bow hunting and I do think that the special sent killing/eliminating laundry detergents, spays, do help. But most of all I think controlling your breath is far more superior then anything else.

If you think it works great… I am not bashing people that swear by it, or believe init I just wanted to share this link.

I tried to search for a topic on this already but could not find anything so this is why I formed a new topic.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sent-Lok Law suit/US Patent rejection

Never paid any attention to this battle, just took it for face value that it worked. A tenth of the way thru the link I started to have my doubts but as soon as I got to the part about BROWNIAN theory, I'm pretty sure I've been had for the past 10 years. Since I am so regimented about scent control( showers, scent killers, ruber boots, dressing at tree, etc, etc) I have no problem believing that deer haven't winded me because of my actions rather than because of what I'm wearing.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:08 PM

Oh, I thought maybe you had something NEW to share.....disregard.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to agree with you, your actions ARE probably why deer have not smelled you. Keep it up!

I almost bought some of this carbon clothing my self but decided to get a new bow. I am now glad I did.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:08 PM

The link you provided is by T.R.Micheals. He's not a credible source in this matter. He is in the background of the law suit.
T.R. used to be on S.L.'s pro staff. There are SOUR grapes bc they didn't ask him to play anymore.
This link is not a new one.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: loogout1

Easy trigger, sorry to have made you waste all that energy.
ORIGINAL: mobow

Oh, I thought maybe you had something NEW to share.....disregard.
Why are you sorry, or are you thinking he was responding to you? Around here when you post a reply the post will, for some reason, claim you are responding to the last poster. Doesn't help people get off on the right foot often, IMO.

He was responding to the origanal poster. It is more of the same old, very oldstuff.The origanal posterwas no doubt experiencing another problem with this site, searching doesn't work. Topics been beat to death dug up several times and beat to death each time often becoming locked by the moderator of that forum,but you can't tell it searching for it.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Thought he was responding to me. No worries. That link does make some good points though. If they are credible.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry guys I didn’t want to do up old stuff but the search didn’t really provide me anything on this topic. Sometimes the search option on the home page works better but still this time no avail.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sometimes I can find more searching on google than I can here in the forum. Can't say why it doesn't work. Google finds post made here.

Stick around you'll see other topics brought up over and over and many have given the advise (no good) just do a search. I don't know where all the info goes, but it can't be found here.

Really helps if you don't , like me, think all that much about what your saying anyways. LOL Took me a while to figure out people wern't responding to me either.

As far as the stuff being credible, I don't care. I'm the kind of guy who sees the silver tuna in it. People don't buy it, I buy it at a greatly reduced price. It's win win for me. I even start smack over it myself. HEHE. Darn scentlok guy who comes here wont send me something for free to buy me off, hey what am I supposed to do.

Happy hunting!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I noticed that on yahoo as well but Google is a better search engine.