Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Anyone compare the Marquis VS. General >

Anyone compare the Marquis VS. General

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone compare the Marquis VS. General

Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone compare the Marquis VS. General

Id like to see a side by side comparison of the Draw, shot and follow up, of each bow if anybody has done this and what you would think the better bow is. Ive shot the marquis but dont have anywhere close by to try ageneral. I know they're two completly different artforms,and i think its going tobe hard to beat the smooth draw/shot to the marquis, but just curious to see what youguys thathave shot both think?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone compare the Marquis VS. General

Here is a link to a post made about three or four weeks ago. Don't know if it helps, but it is a pretty good detailed comparison of four bows

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2461220
Old 12-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

buck, I have both the General and the Marquis. Both have reasons why I really love the bow but when it comes down to having to pick a single one, I'd choose the General over the Marquis. That's me. I would pick the smooth, shock free, very quiet bow over the slightly faster Marquis. Again, both great bows but one over the other, it'd be the General.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

My only questions with the general would be how smooth the draw is being a binary cammed bow, and with it being binary do you have to adjust it often to keep it in time?

And do you happen two the price difference i know the marquis is like 699 i think... but i know nothin about a general.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

buckmaster 101,

The General ships with the smooth modules installed. With the smooth modules the draw cycle is exceptionally smooth. The smooth modules do not hold peak draw weight as long over the draw cycle. With these modules the General has an "easier" draw than the Marquis but there is that tradeoff for speed. I cannot speak for the General with the speed modules as I have yet to try it with them installed. However, the speed difference between the Marquis and the General with speed mods should be fairly insignificant...6-8 fps with my typical hunting weight arrows.

To answer your other question, I believe the General sells for the same price as the Marquis or possibly $25-$35 more at most shops.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Here is what I have found. I shoot the marquis and the general for several hours last week. Price was 699 for the marquis and 749 for the general at the shop I was at. Both bows where set at around 65 lbs and I was shooting my400 gr hunting arrows. I was really torn between the two bows. The general is super dead on the shot and really quiet. The marquis isgood in this area also butyou can tell between the two for sure!The draw cycle is different between the bows. The generalgets to its peak wieght early in the draw and stays there. The marquis is easy up to the last 1/4 or the draw where it peaks out. I liked the marquis draw but I am used to a single cam bow.
The general I was shooting was said to have the speed mods in it. I shoot a 30 inch draw and the crono showed 13 fps differece between the two bows. I saw 269 and 270 from the general and 282 and 283 from the marquis.
I bought the marquis because of the draw I thought was better for hunting purposes. I do like the speed also even though I try not to let that influence my choice. I shoot some longer shots andI wanted something a little flatter shooting and the general was about the same as my old bow.
If I could afford it I would have the general for treestand short shot hunts and the marquis for my out west elk and open area hunts! I can't of course so I went with the marquis for all around hunting I feel was a good choice for me.
The general has more brace height so will most likely be more forgiveing if that is a concern for you. I could not tell from my shorttime from one to other in accuracy performance. Wow that got longer than I planned...sorry!
Ps: The way I understand it the cam system on the general can not get out of time as far as timming between the cams. If they are out of time it will be both cams the same amount. ?? I don't know how to explain this for sure but it sounds good in my head!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

buck, I have both the General and the Marquis. Both have reasons why I really love the bow but when it comes down to having to pick a single one, I'd choose the General over the Marquis. That's me. I would pick the smooth, shock free, very quiet bow over the slightly faster Marquis. Again, both great bows but one over the other, it'd be the General.
I gotta agree Rob! I prefer the Draw of the Binary cams and the noise and shock levels of the General are at a new Low.

Sweet!!!

Dan
Old 12-28-2007, 12:18 AM

Man, Rockslinger, were you in my head. My exact same arguments between these two. General - very smooth draw, low shock, very quiet. Marquis - smooth draw (single cam style), low shock ( not as low as the General), and blazing speed (mine cronied at 310 fps as opposed to the General at 285 fps).

I went with the Marquis for the same reasons as Rock, but the General is a trully amazing bow. I just wanted the increased performance of the Marquis.

Andrew
Old 12-28-2007, 09:51 PM

That's funny, I test fired the Marquis last week and found that it was even slower then my Rapture but was way smoother and had no vibration, compared to my Rapture which has quite a bit. I sold my Rapture enroute to my Black Ice incidentally. IMO the Black Ice is the best bargain out there that can compete with the big dawgs, it's got everything including great looks. So I will look good while killing my deer!
Old 12-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got my Marquis thursday and i LOVE IT!! i can't say anything about that general but my Marquis is quiet fast and very smooth everything i wanted.

Mat

Quick Reply: Anyone compare the Marquis VS. General

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.