Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Broadhead targets.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Broadhead targets.

I want to get myself a broadhead target and i was wondering what you would recommend?

Mat
Old 12-16-2007, 04:53 PM

Default RE: Broadhead targets.

Morrell Yellow Jacket or the Rhinehardt 18-1
Old 12-16-2007, 05:58 PM

I like the 18in1 but it's pricey
Old 12-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a styrofoam target last weekthat is about 3 inches thick that works fine but I have to unscrew the broadheads if I don't want to pull the fletchings through the target each time. I plan on making a special head with a short screw to speed things up.

They come in 0 to 65 and 0 to 75 pound draw weight versions.

Interestingly enough field points penetrate about the same or a little better than do broadheads. The field points I've shot have sometimes penetrated up to the fletchings.

The point or broadhead makes a hole in the target and then passes through, the arrow is slowed down by friction on the shaft.

I think that mine was "manufactured" by R&M targets and cost $20.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 PM

Block 4x4
Old 12-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HogHunter69

Block 4x4
My block sucks! My snuffers eat it up pretty bad.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using a Rinehart 18-1 and love it. It's a little pricey, but at $100 its still not too bad. And it comes with a 1 year warranty. So if you shoot it completely out in a year, they'll send you a new one free of charge. Can't beat that.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

The Cube is a horrible field point target but it's good for broadheadsand unlike the Block, there is a sheathing covering the shooting surfaces that helps hold in the bondedlayered material and not make a mess. Plus, they are prettyinexpensive.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Morrell Yellowjacket and like it. It held up well this year, and hopefully it will hold up for another year. I tried the Redhead Block knockoff (made by the same people) and it tore up in no time.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:09 PM

I have shot the Cabelas MDL broadhead target since last spring and it's still holding up but for a year's use I don't think it will. The Yellow Jacket didn't hold up a year for me. I've got the Rinehart 18-1 target but I have not shot at it yet. I hope it's better than the other two.

The 4x4 block does not hold up to broadheads at all but field points it does okay for a year or more.

Quick Reply: Broadhead targets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.