Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The Tekan 2

Old 12-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Tekan 2

Westslope,

I didn't accidently use a field tip. I've used the tekan II to shoot the buck in my avatar, a 130 inch buck. Im not saying thatthey don't work well if they open because they do.I was just sharing my experience for others thats all. Im the kind of hunter that tries to eliminate things that can go wrong with my set up. If that happend to you would to continue to use the head...I hope not. I've learned now from two seperate expandables that things can go wrong with them so I've decided to eliminate them from my set up. I hope you don't learn the hard way like I did.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:32 AM

Alls I was trying to get across is that even if the Tekan didn't open it would still cut a decent hole in the heart. There is no way it could look like it was shot with a .22 since as it will still cut a 5/8" hole without opening. That is one of the reasons I chose to shoot the Tekans at the time. If, and I really wasn't concerned at all, they didn't open they would still leave a wound channel big enough to almost meet minimum broadhead size. I am just stating fact beside embellished events so people can make informed decisions.

We appreciate you sharing your experiences with us.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

ORIGINAL: FuzzySquirrel66

Are those Tekan II's Illegal in Wisconsin, I live in NY but hunt in Wisconsin. I dont know how to search it, nothing ever comes up. Does anyone know?
Fuzzy,

According to my buddy that is from Wisconsin any barbed broadhead is illegal there.
Actually, a G5 prostaffer recently posted a hunt in Wisconsin using Tekans. Either they're legal or he's breaking the law.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBVEDCTQZjs&feature=related
Here's the only info that the Wisconsin DNR posts concerning archery and the broadheads used:

You may not possess, while hunting, any poison, drug or explosive tipped arrow.

lmao, I think my buddy needs to bone-up on his state laws.

I'll be hunting in wisconsin next year for the first time. however, I'm not worried about my BH's being barbed since I do not use mechanicals or a BH that has a "barb" on it.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my buddy said that a game warden told him this at a check-in station and I've tried to contact the Wisconsin DNR. It seems as if this info isn't common knowledge for out of staters to find.

Therefore, if it is illegal the G5 guywouldn't know if he just looked in the DNR hunting regs book.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Well, my buddy said that a game warden told him this at a check-in station and I've tried to contact the Wisconsin DNR. It seems as if this info isn't common knowledge for out of staters to find.

Therefore, if it is illegal the G5 guywouldn't know if he just looked in the DNR hunting regs book.
Update

I finally talked to someone from the Wisconsin DNR. Well, he left me a phone message in response to my message I left for him.

A barbed BH is legal in Wisconsin only if theBH is a minimum of 7/8" wide.

Therefore, the Tekan would be legal since it has a diameter of 1-5/16".