HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Reflex bows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/22193-reflex-bows.html)

burniegoeasily 01-27-2003 06:49 AM

Reflex bows

I have been out of the new bow game until recently. I just bought a new hoyt and have it ready for turkey season. My brother gave me a new reflex bow yesterday. It shoots real well, the only thing is I have never heard of this brand. Has anyone heard of this company, if so, what quality is the company.,

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" Martin Luther King Jr.

Edited by - burniegoeasily on 01/27/2003 07:50:21

kentlyone 01-27-2003 11:37 AM

RE: Reflex bows

I have two I picked up on a hunt up north this year. A friend of mine has a shop and he had just got them in, so I thought I would give them a try. I bought both. I have no problem with either. I believe the company is some what new. I have used them over my brownings this year. Other than that I have no real details. Its all personal opinion. I guess Ill see how they last the test of time.

bugsNbows 01-27-2003 02:47 PM

Good bows, especially for the $. Basically, Reflex bows are made by Hoyt for the online / catalog shopping market (like Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops for example). Hoyt brand bows are sold in select archery pro shops only (no catalog or on-line sales). Brother Adams (Chuckie) apparently likes them.

burniegoeasily 01-27-2003 03:58 PM

Thanks BugNbow I have been shooting this bow lately and like it a little more than my hoyt. I have just retired my 15 year old pearson bush master. I guess any thing seems great when you have been shooting an old round wheel from the 80s for the last 15 years.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" Martin Luther King Jr.

Woodrow88 01-30-2003 10:49 PM

I have the reflex prowler. Its my 1st bow so I have nothing to compare it but its a good shooting bow and its fast.

Bigpapascout 02-02-2003 07:15 PM

I use a Reflex Bighorn for hunting and 3D
But I cant wait to get my hands on the new BuckskinThis bow is one sweet shooting bow!

Archery addict
>>>----------->

Allseasonhunter7 02-13-2003 03:53 PM

I have one there the same as ahoyt/cheaper

*********good luck hunting**********

Bowfever 02-15-2003 09:07 PM

I have a Reflex Bighorn that I bought new in 98. It is a very dependable bow, shoots well, etc. The only complaint I have is the finish which has wore off around the grip area.

billyj87 02-17-2003 01:18 PM

Bowfever, I had the same thing happen on mine. Good bow though. Shot 4 deer and about 1000 fish.