Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lone Wolf Stands

Old 12-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lone Wolf Stands

I'd go and handle one first. After I did I decided against one. Have read quit a few negative reviews on these stands. Keep in mind that these sites, I believe, are used by manufactures to sell their products and they often do it by portraying themselves as just old Joe, average hunter just giving their personal opinion. Some of those comments I'm sure were from them.

Can't stress it enough. See one first!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:28 PM

i have both the gurrila hang on and the lone wolf same weight gurrilla is half the price just as qwueit only if i decide to leave the gurilla i can sleep at night leaveing the lone wolf i feel like i am leaving my watch at 250 bucks they are great stands solid no noise easy to set up but i don t use it as much as i would if it was cheaper lone wolf is not as comfortable as the gur now the lone wolf climber well thats the best but again not comfortable but no noise packs flat sets up in seconds zero noise climbing what i allways hated about climbers was the noise climbing not this one
Old 01-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Being able to level the seat AND pletform makes it well worth the money, but thats just me! I love my Lone Wolf Alpha. I have a brand new climber that I used 3 times in 2 seasons!!!!! I find the LW much easier in any tree!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

I'd go and handle one first. After I did I decided against one. Have read quit a few negative reviews on these stands. Keep in mind that these sites, I believe, are used by manufactures to sell their products and they often do it by portraying themselves as just old Joe, average hunter just giving their personal opinion. Some of those comments I'm sure were from them.

Can't stress it enough. See one first!
Just out of curiosity, what was it specifically that you didn't like about the stands?

I've been poking my nose around just about every forum you can name for quite a few years now and have read very few negative things about LW stands, other than their price. I also personally use them and also have very few negative things that I can say about them, if any. I've found that they're extremely lightweight, stable, sturdy, easy to put up and take down, quiet, adjustable, and for the most part - comfortable. I've hunted from API, Gorilla, Ol' Man, and several other brand stands and after using LW for the past three years don't ever see myself going back (unless I find something that truly is better).

Last but not least- I know the owners of the busines and several people that work there, and I can pretty much guarantee you that none of them posted in this thread anywhere. Generally speaking, they let their products speak for themselves.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:37 PM

I have not seen any negative reports on the lone wolf other than the seat .I don t know if the larger models are more comfortable?But they are the best built stands most of the rest are well noisy.I was very impressed by how solid they felt under foot.75% of the stands out there have chains or ratchets or a stiff wire you have to stick threw a alminum tube and i very rarely take the same stand twice.Nothing worse than making bunch of metal to metal noise on a flat calm morning.I used to have a wind walker tree stand that i lovedbut i left it under my tree all year some one stole it probly good before i got killed in it if anyone ever seen one they understand what I WAS talking about 3 lbs
Old 01-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

I have a lone wolf sit and climb stand. the seat is terrible. the stand is great to climb and hunt with. has anyone tried one of these seats on the sit and climb. It looks like it would work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tree-Stand-Seat-Fits-Summit-Great-For-Bow-Hunters_W0QQitemZ230211121750QQihZ013QQcategoryZ52 508QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says for a summit but the summit and lone wolf both taper at the back and this mesh seat would be great I think. just checking to see if anyone has tried it out.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:23 AM

I have the Lone Wolf Alpha hand climber and love it. It's not "all day" comfortable" but very light and easy to put up and take down. I've packed it in some very rough places in the Ozarks and have had no problems.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:33 PM

Okay I have the LW sit and climb and it is very lightweight and some what easy to setup. Honestly I find itwobbly while climbing up compared to some otherwell known brand sit and climb climbers. Once you get to your setup height and firm up the the straps it does seem to be secure. And I agree about the lack of comfort offered by the cushion seatcompared again the other well known climbers.I could not recommend this stand for an all day hunt because of the seat. I would hope LW would offer an after market replacement for us guys who don't have much butt to cushion us through the days.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

I talked with lone wolf and they do have a replacement seat coming out this summer for the sit and climb model. If that mesh seat that I listed will fit the stand, I think it will be the cats meow. I really like the mesh seats as they are super comfy and quiet.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is this what your talking about

I got the Alpha hangand 4 stickson as a present to myself this Christmas. A few observations. The offset bracket cannot be installed if you are using the hanging hook. Unless you know precisely what tree you will be hanging the stand in you have to carry the bracket and tool needed to mount it into the woods with you. I found it very hard to remove the stand when using the hanging hook. So hard in fact that I thought I was going to have to cut the strap. Only used it one time though and I emailed LW about it but the people that could answer were at a show and will reply back this week. Another observation was the finish of the stand. Seemed to be very shinny and rusted in places when left outside for a couple of nights. Maybe this was just a quality control issue. Other than those minor abstractions I find the stand very likable and user friendly.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.