Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Winner's Choice or Vapor Trail? >

Winner's Choice or Vapor Trail?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Winner's Choice or Vapor Trail?

Old 12-08-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Winner's Choice or Vapor Trail?

I picked up my new bow this week, and I am just not happy w/ the stock strings. Now, I would dearly love to order a set from Gibblet, but for several reasons that's not an option. Purely political. Anyway...I'll be ordering a set in the near future, and I've had Winner's Choice before and was thrilled with them.

But I've also heard very good things about Vapor Trail strings as well. So, for those of you that are familiar w/ VT strings, whatcha think?
Old 12-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Winner's Choice or Vapor Trail?

I would personally go with Winners Choice. If it ain't broke don't fix it

But on the other hand, do you just not like the colors on this years Hoyts? They seem to be MUCH better, quality wise, than in previous years. My boss's Katera XL, has yet to move after 300 shots. That's better than any other Hoyt strings I've seen.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 AM

So you don't know anything about VT strings then?
Old 12-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

No. I don't.

I know we are set up with them at the shop, but guys always want to order Winners Choice. I actually haven't seen anyone order Vapor Trail strings since I've been working there. It's pretty much Winners Choice, or a cheaper Stone Mountain string that we keep in stock.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I know, is that the VTX material or whatever its called they use, is supposed to add speed.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:13 PM

I am more than pleased with the vapor trail string and cablesI had put on my Hoyt Magnatech this past spring.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: MNJoe27

I am more than pleased with the vapor trail string and cablesI had put on my Hoyt Magnatech this past spring.
Can you expound on that? What about them are you pleased about?

Matt/TN, I'm in the same boat. We sell them, but everyone wants WC's. And they are da bomb, no doubt about it. I know when I put my WC string on last year, I did gain 3 fps. No stretch, no twist....nothing.

And it's not even that I'm that upset w/ the Fuse string so far. I've shot it about 100 times, and the peep is still right where I put it. But, the cables aren't nice and smooth like they should be. The green bundles are higher. What I mean is, the ivory and green bundles aren't flush with each other. And, I've had that bow 1 week and waxed the strings 3 times. The most recent being yesterday. Today, they are bone dry already. Shouldn't be that way. Given those 2, and my "past history" w/ Fuse strings, they're comin off, it's just a matter of with what and when. As far as the colors, I actually like them. I am surprised, and pleased, that it hasn't twisted as yet though.